Chapter Two

I woke up the next morning, alone.

I sighed and slowly stood up to get ready for school. I picked a baggy outfit and my favorite neckless. I wore it nearly everyday. Then I grabbed my backpack and walked out the door.

Once I got on the bus, I waited for Carl.

When it was his stop, he got on the bus with a red headed chick. I think his sister. He smiled once he seen me and sat in my seat beside me with his arm around me. "Hey baby."

I ignored the nickname and simply laughed. "Where'd you go last night?"

"I had to come home early to get ready for school, thank you by the way. For letting me crash."

"Oh. Well it's no problem, I never have anything going on anyways so come over whenever you want."

"Cool. I'll keep that in mind." He smirked. "So are you still coming over? Fiona's dying to meet you."

"Really?"

"Fuck yeah. She always gets excited when one of us is dating someone. But I told her we aren't dating multiple times but y'know... would you pretend to be my girlfriend tonight?"

"Absolutely not." I laughed and shook my head.

Carl made a clicking noise from the side of his mouth and said, "Damn.. I'll owe you one if you do."

"Like what?"

"What do you mean?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Like... I dunno. What would you owe me?"

"Hmmm... whatever you really want I guess. Money? Drugs? Ummm... guns-"

"Carl. None of that hood rat thing." I whined.

"Oh right. Ummm... lemme buy you something."

"Nah it's ok. Will Fiona tell anyone?" I asked.

"Definitely not. Fiona says it's up to us if we wanna share it to the world." He said.

"Alright, I'll just do it for free." I sighed.

"Are you sure? You don't seem too thrilled."

"I don't know how to act like a girlfriend." I stated and looked out the window.

"Wait- you've... never had a boyfriend?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"First kiss?"

I shook my head again.

"Sex?"

"Oh my gosh Carl, no!" I giggled.

"Alright alright. Looks like I have a virgin on my hands. Might just have to swoop in and take it."

My face got beat red, so bad I could feel it.

He seemed to have noticed because he said, "I'm just kidding. I'm not one to take anyone's V-card really. Not even for drugs and shit or sex. I dunno, doesn't seem right."

"That makes sense." I laughed and leaned my head back. "We're at school."

"Oh.. shit." He looked up. "Yeah your right."

Once the bus stopped Carl got out of the seat and leaned into the other one to let me out first. "Y'know." He said from behind me. "If you pretended to me my girlfriend at school too, people would probably leave you alone."

I shook my head. "Can't do it. Sorry."

"Suit yourself." He smirked as I stepped off of the bus.

We went our separate ways, and I went upstairs to my locker but as soon as I opened my locker I got my head smashed into the locker next to mine. I fell to the floor as my vision blurred slightly, I seen Elijah: the school bully grinning evily at me. My vision pooled with blood and then someone else came into sight: Talon. His brother. Elijah kicked me one good time in the stomach, and then the beating continued.