17. Red Flag Rohan

Start from the beginning

" So what do you do. " I asked him trying not to fail in my so called Get To Know attempt.
" I have been working on the deal between our families , most of my time is consumed in meetings , and the deals. My life is all work nothing interesting tell me what do you like to do. "

At least he works otherwise I literally thought that he is some Ameer Baap Ki Bigdi Aulad.
My father always gave Me and Bhaisa freedom but he knows how to keep his children in line and not to misuse the things provided to us . And not to forget the Moral Values needed to be a good individual he keeps on reminding Bhaisa from time to time.

"Oh it's nothing special I do like to Paint , Read...." His laughter stops me from speaking ahead. It's insulting and suddenly I feel my heart rate picked up. He was laughing like I said Read Smut instead of Paint.

" Who likes to paint I didn't like it even as a child And my mom was saying that you are doing it till now. I mean Paint. " He says between his laughter.

" It's not like I Paint the Walls , I will be working as a professional artist , now that I am done with my studies. " My tone is a little annoyed and more frustrated. He must have sensed my anger which I am sure was quite visible.

" No problem dear you can do whatever you want to do. I don't have any problem. " He says now finally stopped laughing.

After that, he quickly diverted the conversation to places I would like to visit , food etc. Now he was going on the right track. Soon Bhaisa also joined us . I feel a little better , he is not that bad and there is nothing that spending time together in each other's proximity can't solve. We can work together on our differences like I have seen my parents do.

PRESENT

Everything is a mess . Saying this is an understatement.

I don't know how to tell Rudra about My passion for Painting will he also act like Rohan. But he sounds genuine like he cares for Me , and wants to know me and those are not just words.

His actions speak louder than his words.

I will tell him. But my thoughts vanished in thin air as I heard a familiar voice , a voice that I never wanted to hear again. You don't get what you want and some unpleasant meetings are bound to happen. My hands unknowingly tightened their grip and I looked up to My Husband. He was calm with no trace or hint of surprise on his face.

Rohan turned around and everyone in the family acknowledged our presence. His face was bruised with a black eye. I feel a sick kind of satisfaction seeing his condition.

Does that make me a bad person. I don't care when he is concerned , he is nonexistent for Me.

Rohan started approaching me with a smirk on his face not to mention the noticeable limp in his right leg. OK I didn't expect this. Now what should I do , slap that smirk off his face. My heart thumped loudly in my ears, a drop of sweat rolling down the line of my spine, and my palms became clammy.

But before he could come into my personal space Rudra came in front of me protecting me with his huge frame. He must have felt the change in me. But I wanted to see what was happening so I shifted a bit partially hiding behind him.

"Step aside , I need to talk to her. " Rohan says to Rudra his posture stiff and angry but he is nothing compared to the one whose hands I am still holding, I can feel the anger radiating from him but it's directed at the person standing in front of Us.

"Bol jo bolna chahata hai tu , par meri Biwi se dur reh ke baat Kar. " His voice is firm and filled with rage.
(Say what ever you want to say, but stay away from my Wife and talk.)