8.

Fujio told me that he would work things out with the right people this time, it made me nervous.  This time I had to put up with the hassle of going to school, because I leave early many times, but my mind remains on Oya just like the last time.

The teacher was saying something I probably don't agree with, like most of the time, and I was pretending to pay attention.  It was like that the whole class.

It seemed like an eternity until it was time to leave, I found Madoka and we walked together.

"Are you sure you don't want to go?" She had invited me to go with her to the restaurant where she, Fujio and their friends used to go when they were kids.  She told me about her friend Arata and how Fujio was going after him.  I refused, this is their moment alone.

I went home and I put on my butterfly jacket, it was like armor, it made me feel more confident.  I tried my best to ignore my constant urge to call, I knew no one would pick up.  I tried to sleep, I tried to read a book, I tried to listen to music, but nothing helped.

So I decided to walk around, a little afraid of meeting a Kidra guy, but hoping to find the boy in the red jacket.

Just like the other time, I don't get very far.

I hear someone calling me.

When I look up, the girl who gave me the black eye is only a few steps away.

"I thought about doing this at school, but I don't want any trouble." She told me with a creepy smile and walked closer to me. "I saw you hanging around with those Oya boys. Did you pay them to defend you?"

"What…do you want?" I stammered.

"A fight." She shrugged. "Did they teach you how to fight? I doubt someone pathetic like you will learn anything."

I took a deep breath and tried to leave, but she grabbed my arm.

"Are you going to run away? Just like you run away from classes you don't like? People you don't want to talk to?" I finally looked her in the eye, tried not to look scared. "You don't do anything without your bodyguards?"

I punched her in the face, which made her back away, but she came quickly to hit me again.

My bottom teeth hit my top lip and I tasted blood.  When she came back for more I grabbed her wrist.

"You're stronger than you look..." Her eyes were glassy, red.

She gave me a kick that made me hit my back against the wall, we were in a narrow street, there were many boxes and bottles on the floor, but there was no one around.

She was very strong, but the fight was still very awkward, we both screamed every time we went for another blow.

"You know they're nothing, right?" She told me after smacking my chin.  "They're exactly like the Kidra guys, no money, no ambitions. After all, what college would take one of them? Who would hire people as miserable as they are?"

"So why are you selling drugs to Kidra?"  I said trying to catch my breath.

"For fun. The difference is that I didn't get attached to them." I took the oportunity of and knocked her to the ground.

I started punching her in the face, she dodged a few punches but I landed most of them.

When I knew that she had accepted defeat I got to my feet, limping because my legs couldn't take it.

"They are not my bodyguards, they are my brothers. And you are wrong, they are not like Kidra, because they have a reason to fight, be it themselves, or the people they love. Oya's boys are not cowards and nor selfish, who only care about themselves! They don't lower their heads to fit in anywhere!" I spat the rest of the blood into my mouth. "And if you talk about them like that again...You'll get more than just a black eye..."

After the fight I was feeling

After the fight I was feeling... actually I don't even know what I was feeling.  I get to the store, decided to buy some stuff for the boys when they come out of the fight and this time I'll need it too.

"Are you Ok?"

It's him.

I lift my head slowly and see his face, beautiful just like before.

And me... with messy hair, full of tree leaves, my face was smeared with blood and sand, I really hope the dirt doesn't stain my jacket.  I have to say I'm not at my best.

But he...wow.

"Hit a tree again?"  It brings me back to reality as it takes me a while to understand what he means, when I finally understand I chuckled sheepishly.  Because, he remembered me.

"This time it was a bigger tree...but this time I fought back." I was so proud of myself, I managed not to stutter.

“That… that's good.” I could see his expression soften, but not to the point of smiling.

We fell into an awkward silence.  I've never been good at talking to people, so bad that as soon as I speak he does too and we both cringe in embarrassment.

"What's your name?" He asks me, his expression still serious, but his eyes say so much.  They are deep and talk a lot.

I think I'm taking too long to answer because he clears his throat to get my attention.

"I'm sorry! I... my name is Yamamoto Haruka."  He just nods, I work up enough courage to ask. "And yours?"

"Suzaki. Suzaki Ryo."

I replay it over and over in my head, thinking about how beautiful even his name is.

"Uhmm...I have to go."  His voice is also beautiful, low and calm.

"Fine... see you later..." I scolded myself internally, as he might not want to see me anymore.

"See you..."

I wait until he's paid for the two cans of soda and gone, so I can breathe normally again.

I feel weird.

Every girl in my romance books reacts differently when they meet the right guy, some don't know he's the right guy, some would hate that he was the right guy until they get to know him better.  And some...just feel weird since it's a new feeling.

I think I identify more with the last option...