ch. 1

"Hello! My name is Anya! I like peanuts and I'm 4 years old!"

My eyes widen at the child I see. A pink hair and green eyes, a black triangle shaped horns on the side and the ability to read mind. It can't possibly be.... SPYXFAMILY?!!

Anya's POV

The big stinky man said that Anya can introduce herself. Anya looked at the kids and smile. Mama said to smile when meeting nice people.

After Anya introduce herself Anya got squished by other kids. They talk loudly and my head hurts. Anya don't like it.

Anya's head hurts. It's too noisy.

I closed my eyes and covered my ears to block out the noise.

It didn't work.

Anya wants it to stop.

'Huh? The noise is gone now. What happened? '

I look around and Anya see that the other big and small kids are far away. They look scared.

Are they.... scared of Anya?

Y/n's POV

When I came to my sense the orphanage manager was gone and Anya was getting crowded by the kids.

I remember that Anya doesn't like noisy and crowded place because of her ability. She looks uncomfortable now. I should help.

Walking towards Anya I stared at the other kids which made them back away from Anya. When I got near I saw her covering her ears, a few second passed and she opened her eyes. She looked around with a confused face before changing to a sad and scared look.

I wonder what's wrong?

She hasn't notice me yet. I don't want to scare her off. What should I do? Oh I know.

(Anya can only hear your thoughts when it's like this 'Your shadow is looking at you' otherwise Anya can't hear anything in your mind)

I stare at her and thought in my mind.

'She is so cute! Her fluffy pink hair and pretty eyes! I want her to be my little sister!!! '

Just as I thought she whip her head to look at me and stare at me with a awed look.

"Anya..... is cute?"

She muttered cutely but I heard it.

I smiled at her and pat her head.

"Did you say something?"

She widen her eyes and quickly slap her mouth with both hands. A comical look in her face.

"P-pretty! Anya said that big sis is pretty!" She exclaimed swinging her arms upwards. She glance at me before asking in a hushed tone.

"Can–can Anya call you big sis?"

I smiled warmly at her and crouch down to her level.

"Sure but can you be my little sister?"

She suddenly gasped and hug me before taking a step back with a bounce on her feet. A joyous and excited look in her eyes.

" Mmh! Anya can be your little sis and you can be my big sis. Anya and big sis is a family now."

I only smiled at her ignoring the whispering of other kids at the side.

'She's too cute! I'm gonna protect this little cinnamon roll forever'

" Yeah we're a family now. You and me" I told her.

She was doing a victory dance, dancing in circles around the room, oblivious to the judging stare of the kids in the orphanage.

I squint my eyes at the kids, practically glaring daggers at them. Am I being petty? Yes, yes I am. Do I have an advantage of being mentally a teen? Yes, yes I do. And am I gonna hold back with those kids? No, no I'm not.