Then another hound walked out in front of the horses and shot out its tongue that grabbed both Scanlan and the book.

Vex " Scanlan. "

The hound then ran off and vox machina chased the hound, they then got to a mountain and was on a road alongside side it. The hound stopped Scanlan from screaming by putting it's tongue in his mouth and for some reason he looked to enjoy it.

Keyleth " Scanlan, Hang on! "

Vex shot an arrow at the hound that was carrying Scanlan but missed.

Vex " Come on Percy faster, HYAH! "

Percy " This thing wasn't built for speed and did you just hyah me. Hyah! " 

Percy made the horses go faster and Vex shot at the hound again and actually hit it but the hound didn't react to it.

Vex " That's not fair. "

Just then two more hounds jumped down from a ledge and charged at vox machina from behind.

Grog " I'll take the big one! "

Vax " And I'll take the other big one! " 

Just then the two hounds jumped at both Grog and Vax taking them to the ground, the hound that attacked Grog tried to devour him.

Vax " Shit. "

Vax then stabbed the hound that was on him but it did nothing the hound then pushed Vax through the cart but Vax stopped himself from dropping out the cart, the hound then bit down on Vax's arm and he screamed in pain.

Keyleth " Vax. "

Keyleth then shoulder barged the hound out the way and then roared at it which scared the hound, then Grog ripped the hound that was trying to devour him in halve and punched the other one of the cart.

Grog " That's for Pike and me and maybe Scanlan cause he probably wont survive. "

Vex then grabbed an explosive arrow and aimed it at the hound that had Scanlan.

Vex " This had better be worth it. "

Vex shot the arrow and it hit the hound but it kept going to a cliff.

Vex " Thanks Gilmore. "

Keylleth " Umm are they going over the cliff? "

Vax " They're not the only ones. "

Percy " It's got Scanlan we have no choice. "

Vex " I'm not dying to save that Gnome. Get me closer. "

The hound then released Scanlan but Scanlan tried to take the book back from the hound's mouth.

Scanlan " Shoot for his head, neck, dick come on Vex nobody breaks balls like you do! "

Vex " He's not wrong. "

Vex shot the arrow but missed the hound.

Scanlan " You missed. "

Just before Scanlan went off the cliff.

Vex " Let go of the book dumbass! "

Scanlan let go and grabbed the rope that was attached to the arrow, Percy tried to stop the cart but they were going to fast.

Vex " Off the cart! "

Everyone got off and Grog grabbed Y/n and got off. The cart went offer the edge and Vex started to pull the rope but the rope that Scanlan was holding snapped and he fell of the cliff with the hound. Vax then hit the ground in frustration.