"Badi Amma ki baat ka bura mat mano beta, dar-asl Shifa is ghar me beti ban k rehti hain, hum log riwayati bahuo wale riwazon ke kayal nhi hain."

(Don't mind what Badi Amma said. Actually Shifa isn't like a daughter-in-law, but just a daughter so we don't expect such formalities from her.)

"Wow aunty Shifa is lucky to have such a great in-laws." Gudiya muttered and Mrs Kazmi smiled but Badi Amma wasn't liking this lady a single bit.

"Taali ek haath nhi bajti Bibi... rishte dotarfa chalte hain." Shifa couldn't help but smile, she wanted to hug badi Amma to take her side and whispered to her 'you are rocking my lady' but somehow she stopped herself because a part of her wasn't liking Badi Amma's rudeness towards a guest.

(It takes two to tango, relationships are always two-way roads, efforts are made from both sides.)

"Where is Zaryab?" Shifa suddenly realised that the little boy wasn't present. "He's on the terrace, as soon as he arrived he asked where is Shifa aunty and where is the swing, and from that time he's on the swing." Adeena smiled and Shifa nodded.

"I'm going to meet him, are you coming?" She asked Adeena but before she could refuse Shifa held her hand towards her, "come on Gudiya Aapi, come fast." She intentionally said so because she wanted to talk to Gudiya but couldn't find space in front of both the ladies.

Leaving with no other choice Adeena followed her and as soon as Shifa stepped on the terrace she sent the maid downstairs who was looking after Zaryab.

"Gudiya Aapi."

"Hmm?"

"Aapko Mera address kese mila?" Shifa asked straight and Adeena smiled lightly.

(How did you find out my address?)

"Actually Shifa... Chachu ke inteqal ke baad main taaziyat ke liye aana chah rhi thi... Isliye aa gyi. Main jaanti hu tumhe ajeeb laga hoga lekin main khud ko rook nhi paayi."  

(Actually Shifa, after the demise of Chachu I wanted to come to grieve over his death... That's why I just arrived. I know it must be surprising for you but I couldn't stop myself.)

"What's more surprising for me is... How did you get my address." Shifa was as straight as line and Adeena didn't take much time to answer.

"Once chachu handed me a letter to post, it had your address." Adeena smiled and Shifa furrowed. "So you come here after following the address present on the letter?" Shifa asked in a hushed tone and Adeena smiled with a nod. "Of course!"

"Oh I see." Shifa kept watching Adeena aka her Gudiya Aapi for a long moment and tried to conclude what could be the reason behind this lie. Aatish never sent those letters to Qasr-e-Kazmi, he sent the letters to Maryam's maternal home: the only address he had!

"What are you seeing?" Adeena asked when when Shifa didn't take off her eyes from her face. "Mene aapko kahi dekha hai, magar kaha?"

(I've seen you somewhere, but where?)

"We haven't meet before. Maybe someone similar to me." Adeena shrugged and Shifa nodded with a fake but well pretended smile.

"Perhaps!" She muttered and walked towards the boundary wall of the terrace followed by Adeena.

"Daniyal kab tak wapas aate hain?" Shifa suddenly looked at her and furrowed, she uttered Daniyal's name so comfortably as if... Shifa didn't know how to conclude it? Neither she was free with Gudiya to discuss her family life nor she remember if she told Gudiya her husband's name.