Drowning

These past three nights have been filled with wet tears and empty wine glasses. I just needed something that would make me forget his face. All I wanted to do was hate him but my heart ached because all I could do was love him.

I stared at the wall swirling my red wine in the glass. My eyes were red and puffy from crying.

Images of him with another woman flashed through my head him pleasing her and touching her. Anger and rage coursed through my veins. I got up and screamed throwing the glass of wine at the wall. The glass shattered and red wine painted the wall, glass covered the floor. I dropped to the floor on my knees sobbing.

I got up off the floor and went into the kitchen grabbing the broom and dust pan. I swept up the glass along with my broken heart and tears.

I went back and got a rag cleaning the wine off the wall and floor. I walked back into the kitchen and dumped the glass in the trash and sat the rag in the sink. I went back upstairs to take a shower.

Stepping out of my night gown I turned on the hot water. The steam filled the bathroom. I stepped into the shower letting the hot water fall against my skin. I sighed in relief I needed this shower I felt refreshed.

I grabbed a towel and careful stepped out the shower wrapping a towel around me. I dried out my hair then went and sat on the bed. It's been three days since I've spoken to anyone I knew my phone would be blowing up.

I turned my phone on for once in three days. I had fifteen missed calls and twenty two text messages. Jasmine called me eight times. Mom and Dad called me twice. I felt a little bit of guilt for blocking out the people who cared for me the most. The other calls were from unknown numbers.

I called Jasmine back she answered the phone immediately, "Where in the hell have you been Cam. I called you two or three times for days you never answered. I went by your apartment your car was there but you never answered the door. What's wrong what's happening I'm coming over." She hung up the phone before I could say anything or even try to explain.

I sighed and tossed the phone on the bed. I might as well get dressed before Jasmine arrives.

There was a knock at the door I went down stairs to open it. She walked right in and started ranting, "As your best friend I don't want you to ever scare the shit out of me like that. You had me worried now tell me what's wrong and you can't deny it either. I know you Camryn you only shut down and block people out when your really hurt about something."!She turned around to look at me her eyes softened when she seen my face.

She walked up to me and put her hands on my shoulders looking me in the eyes she said, "It's Aiden he hurt you didn't he Camryn."

I couldn't keep a brave face on any longer I broke down in tears. She hugged me rubbing my back, "Camryn you know I'm here for you."!Sobbing into her shoulder, "He cheated on me Jasmine." She smoothed my hair down as if to calm me down it worked. She pulled back and looked at me with a serious face, "You don't have to go through this alone babe I'm right here for you."

I hugged her tight she's my best friend and she was right. Jasmine has always been there for me to help pick up the pieces. I was always there for her when she needed me.

She pulled me towards the couch patting a seat next to her. I sat down, "Jasmine Aiden got drunk and cheated on me. Then he came to my apartment late at night telling me he loves me. He lied to me if he really loves me he would have told me right then and there instead of him hiding it from me. I found out by reading a text he got on his phone from the person."

She nodded assuring me she was listening, "I love him Jas but he hurt me and betrayed me. Aiden really broke my heart. How could he do this to me when all I did was love him."