•12 grandma Gracie is a lifesaver•

Previously:
And here's the start of our adventure to Tartarus.

Alana's POV

"Hey Alana wake up." Nico shakes me

"I'm up." I stretch

"Here are we?" I look around

"Rest stop the train leaves tomorrow morning so we have to find a motel."

"Not a motel please."

"Why?"

"I'm to sophisticated for that place."

He snickers. "You'll live."

"I'll pay for a hotel." And I walk of the train

The nearest hotel is a mile away from the train.

"What time does the train leave tomorrow ? "

" 9 o'clock. "

" We'll leave the hotel at 7:30."

Nico frowns. " Why that early? "

" So we can walk down here and if we run into. Some trouble. And still, hopefully, get to the train in time. "

" Oh... "

We were quite for a few blocks then I could tell that Nico wanted to ask me a question but didn't want to ask it.

"Nico spit it out."

"Oh.. I was wondering where you family comes from... Evey now and than you sound British."

"Oh you could've asked. My dad is British. "

"I didn't know what terms you and your dad is on family wise. "

" Oh it's cool we're really close. I actually come from a wealthy British family which is why I refuse to stay in a motel. "

" Can you tell me more?"

"Yeah. So my great great great grandfather set up this big empire for all his children and grandchildren and their children. I forget how he did it but he did. So skip to when I was around 5 I was introduced to my family some didn't accept me because my mom left and she's not from a wealthy family so to speak and my dad refused to tell the family who my mother really is. The first person I met was my grandma Gracie all she cared about was family and she accepted me for me not who my mom is. She was like that when she had my dad she didn't care that he didn't want to continue the family business she didn't care if the empire fell all she cared about is, is my son happy and call her from time to time. That caused a ruckus when my dad's brothers and sisters found out. All they cared about was the money. So my dad moved to new York where he worked as a firefighter and in his free time brought plots of land to build forests and bring back nature in a way. That's how he met Artemis, in the woods. And than I was born. "

" Wow. " He takes this all in.

" I like how loving you grandma Gracie is. "

" Me too. " I smile

We reach the hotel. I walk up to the receptionist.