Jeff opens and closes his mouth a few times when he looks at Barcode, but he still doesn't say anything. Another weak laugh and Barcode's nose is soon itching in that predictable way. He pushes the duvet off his legs, tossing aside the gift he's just been given.

"Code." Jeff calls out once, but the younger man busies himself with swinging his feet off the bed and getting up. "Code, wait."

When he gets up, Jeff steps in front of him.

"Let me through." He demands, not looking at Jeff.

"No, you're going to cry and—"

"So what?" Barcode snarls, pressing his lips together when his voice breaks. "I don't know what I did wrong, but Phi has been ignoring me for days and you could just tell me what happened!"

When he spews the words out, a few tears escape.

He is frustrated. Angry. Hurt.

"You didn't do anything wrong, Code!" Jeff's eyes widen slightly.

"Of course I did! What reason would there be?" Barcode asks as he dries the tears streaming down his face and bumps into Jeff's body as he tries to walks past to go to the bathroom.

But Barcode isn't even halfway there when Jeff grabs him by the wrist and turns him around. Barcode's immediate reaction is to pull his arm back and cross them in front of his chest as if to protect himself.

"It's nothing like that, Code, please..."

Jeff starts, but Barcode shakes his head several times.

"I know that I don't know much... That I don't know anything." Once again he rubs his face hard to dry the tears, "but Phi could tell me that he doesn't want it anymore, that he's tired, that he's lost interest, whatever! Just don't ignore me."

"I was afraid!" Jeff says louder and suddenly attracts Barcode's attention again. "A few days ago you talked in your sleep Code, and kept repeating that you didn't want to". He frowns as he gestures. "I was afraid I had forced something or had enticed you..."

Barcode starts laughing.

Laughing and crying at the same time.

Barcode is so deeply hurt and now also offended. That's the worst excuse he could hear, so much so that it didn't even cross his mind among so many bad scenarios he managed to create while he was alone in that room.

"Phi, I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous." This time Barcode doesn't mind his face getting wet. "Even if I had said anything, but using that as an excuse to... You could just tell me you didn't want it anymore!" Without controlling himself, Barcode ends up stamping his foot in frustration and closes his eyes quickly when he realizes what he just did. "I know I'm not the most mature, but I already told you that I'm not in lo—"

Barcode is interrupted when Jeff steps forward and takes his face in his hands, firm, forcing Barcode to look at him.

"I didn't say any of that because it's not true!" Jeff shakes his face slightly and looks him straight in the eyes. "That's not true, Code." He repeats, lower this time and leans his forehead on Barcode's.

The expression on Jeff's face is confused.

"P'Jeff can tell me the truth." Barcode lets out a hurt cry.

"I'm crazy for you." Jeff brings his lips closer to Barcode's, his hands roaming over his face. "Crazy." Jeff's breath hits his face and affects his whole body in a second. "For you and for what we are. I wouldn't lie about it. Please believe me, I was just scared."

As soon as Jeff finishes speaking, Barcode connects their lips together. At first just like that, forcefully, as if he wanted to punish him somehow. Then it turns into the best kiss they've ever had.