Chapter XVII: An Unexpected Savior

Start from the beginning

The attack pushes the giant soldier outside of the protective circle of sentinel droids and tethered sentinels. While Amaro still reels from Rainer's fistic fury of attacks. Rainer doesn't allow Amaro to recover and pulls out a weapon holstered on his back. It's a hi-tech shotgun. This shotgun does not shoot bullets. It shoots out powerful plasma waves that run on a battery. The reason why this is one of Rainer's weapons of choice is because he himself is a living battery. Made possible through the machine virus that runs in his veins. This ultimately makes his plasma shotgun a weapon of unlimited ammo.

While the sentinels hold the golden dragons back. Amaro regains his faculties from the earlier droid attack, but is instantly knocked back when he turns around and sees Rainer with his plasma shotgun. This knocks Amaro on his back.

A golden dragon droid manages to escape a fight with the sentinel droids to help Amaro. The droid draws a blade and attacks Rainer slashing at his arm hoping that the soldier would drop the shotgun. Unfortunately for the golden dragon. The arm that was attacked is Rainer's metal arm that was obtained by taking the "Sigmond-inspired" machine virus.

Now with a look of bloodlust and slight annoyance on his face. Rainer looks at the golden dragon droid and says, "Droid trash! Interrupting me from killing your owner huh!? First one of you I break I'll melt you down and remold you into a toilet."

With the blade still in his arm. Rainer elbows the golden droid off of him and then hits the droid with a plasma blast from his shotgun. This knocks the droid down. Rainer then pulls the blade out. His metal arm begins to show signs of it healing itself. Then Rainer jabs the blade through the droid's head. He tethers a bolt of electricity to the droid. It gets up and watches Rainer's back while the soldier returns to fighting Amaro.

Amaro gets up. The chest plate and lower part of his face showing signs of taking the brunt of the plasma gun's damage. He runs through a sea of droids while scooping a few up to use as shields then charges toward Rainer. A trio of tethered sentinels forms a wall to hold off the giant soldier. And they achieve instant success in doing so. Rainer catches a glimpse of Amaro's bloodlust. The glimpse even terrifies Rainer for a moment. He pauses then thinks to himself saying, "All this rage and blood lust from one individual. He has taken a virus to? Look at him. He looks like he's void of any humanity."

Rainer notices Amaro's damaged face beginning to heal. This is a trait from his bloodlust virus. Then he hears Bernard Sullivan through his ear earpiece asking him, "Cmon son!? Why are you just standing there! Bring him outside! Now!" with Amaro's face almost fully healed Rainer steadies his plasma shotgun's aim and lets off another shot blowing back Amaro a few feet. This doesn't lay him out so Rainer hits him again, and again, and again!

This continues until moments later. Amaro and his golden dragon warrior droids spill out of recovery bay. While on the ground Amaro pounds his fists in the dirt and screams in anger. He gets up and is instantly knocked down hard by Maxwell while he pilots the Supremeo named suit gifted by Richard and his sister. Bernard snipes a couple of golden dragon droids from the rooftop and tells Richard, "Nice work kid."

Maxwell's Ivo Supremeo points its glowing inekium hands toward Amaro and tells him to, "Stand down!" through the visible damage and blood pouring from his face Amaro smiles and says, "STAND DOWN? I shot your father behind his head boy and that's what you want!"

Maxwell doesn't reply but from behind the suit's mask, he fights to not pull the trigger and unleash a deadly blast toward Amaro. Maxwell hears Bernard through the communication tech in his suit telling him, "Stay focused son! The bigger picture is more important. We need Amaro to get to the other Warlord members!" Maxwell hears the message and then looks at Amaro. The golden giant still grinning like a madman, with blood still on his face. With his wounds healing. He asks Maxwell, "So, what're you gonna do sonny boy?"