Vol I, No Matter How Old We Grow

layout by pearlbiter !!!

I've never been homesick

I've never been homesick. Because there's no place I belong to. Unknown.

    Unknown

JOHN B V.O.
Those girls there? My sister Montana, and my niece, June. Who also happens to be my best friends daughter, weird right?

SLOW CUT SCENES, JJ holds baby June as she cries, shushing her. OVER HEAD SHOT of the boys house, toys covering the floor, clothes strewn across furniture, pans laying on the stovetop.

JOHN B V.O CONT'D
Growing up, Montana was one hundred times crazier than me now. She used to sneak out and smoke on the roof and when Dad caught her she didn't stop. She just went to parties a few doors down and drank and did drugs until the sun came up. Every time she came home she'd make a point of having smoke leaving her mouth when Dad opened the door.

BIG JOHN GRUMBLES, as Montana sets the joint she held between her fingers on the COFFEE TABLE and passes out on the couch.

JOHN B V.O CONT'D
I haven't spoken to my sister properly in a while, she comes around to hang out with us sometimes but whenever it's just us two she'll throw a bag of groceries at me and leave. She always did take care of me before she did herself and I hated it then and I still do now.

I'm glad JJ looks after her, though. 

FAST CUT SCENES, JJ yells. He flips an armchair in the living room and kicks it. MONTANA hurriedly tucks June into bed with a kiss. SHE PLEADS with him to stop. Telling him he'll wake the BABY. He continues. JJ smashes a plate on the cold tile of the kitchen. MONTANA FLINCHES.

JOHN B V.O CONT'D
I admit, I wasn't okay with their relationship at first. But then Junie came along and I couldn't help but be happy for them.

SLO MO SCENE John B holds a blonde baby, sunlight streams in from the curtains behind him. HE SMILES. June giggles at her uncle, a strand of brunette curls in her tiny hands. She tugs and he winces. Though he doesn't mind.

JOHN B V.O CONT'D
Tana's a good mom, and she's a great sister. I miss her, a lot. Just like I miss Dad, but he's long gone and Tana reminds me of that as much as she can.

             MONTANA ( Washing dishes with a sigh )
No one can survive at sea for over three years, B. Nobody. Not even Dad.

She leaves after that, sleeping June in her arms.

JOHN B V.O CONT'D
Last I heard from my sister, she covered half her cheek with the front door and slammed it in my face when I tried to walk in. I talked to JJ that night, and she said she'd been in a bad fucking mood for no reason all day.

I didn't know what to say. Montana was never moody with JJ as far as I knew. She loved him.

SLOW SCENE, Montana closes the door quickly. JJ LAYS passed out on the couch. A smashed phone can be seen on the floor. A picture of MONTANA AND BABY JUNE falling out of the case.

JOHN B V.O CONT'D
Sometimes I feel like something strange is going on with them. Whenever I bring it up to Pope he agrees with me. Kiara doesn't. She says Montana isolates herself and that she's weird. She doesn't understand how we're related.

I kicked her out the first time she said that. She never did again.

BACKSHOT SCENE, John B holds KIARA CARRERA by the shoulders, guiding her to the front door.

JOHN B V.O ( FINAL )
I know we don't talk much anymore, but I love my sister. No matter how old we grow.

FADES TO BLACK
Music Swells,      I have emotional
motion sickness.

Vol I, No Matter How Old We Grow.
Pre Season One , Outer Banks
MOTHER TONGUE!