Ch 15 - En Passant

[ No one's POV ]

It was the first time that Hoshiguma felt uncomfortable driving a vehicle. And she bets the others were as well.

Rather than hearing the thumps due to the road, All they could hear inside was Bloodlust's mumblings as he scratched two knives with each other

"... Let's get this straight, I'll hunt the Ringleader down, And the others are to make sure that Rhodes gets assistance. Any objections?" No one replied back to him, yet he keeps on talking

"I've already got you guys used to how i play on the field, But let's do a recap. You" The officer across him jolted as he saw the knife pointing at him "Plan A?"

"U-uhm... S-search and destroy..." He sighs in relief as the knife pointed away from him onto someone else "B?"

"Subdue and Support" The one with the plus insignia on her shoulder responded with no emotions, Possibly due to what she already saw from the past operations

"...Well, i really didn't think of a plan C anyways, Stay high and mighty you lads, this would be your first major operation si-"

"Sir, this is our fifth major operation"

Bloodlust stopped speaking and stared at the girl who was looking back with dead eyes "...Seems fair, Alright Fifth major op-"

"Could it be that Captain doesn't know the difference between Minor ops and Major ops?"

"Seer, I don't want to even hear another word, capiche?" The smallest among the group shrugged as a few other couple laughed amongst themselves

"Anyways, I don't know what or do i care about L.G.D's motto but I need you guys to also value your lives out there. I have no idea who we are going to face, but usually just leave a Ringleader to me. Focus on assisting Rhodes to the best of your capabilities. Yeah? Yeah. Hoshiguma! Im dropping now, kay?" Bloodlust waved his hand as he grabbed a big box and strapped it on his back.

He slowly grabbed onto the door handle of the van and slowly tried to open it

Click click

"...I swear I didn't break it"

"Sorry, here." Hoshiguma kept a straight face as she moved her hand to unlock the car doors, allowing Bloodlust to feel the sandy breeze of the desert "Well then team. I'll see you there" bidding his farewell, He hopped off the van and slid around the sand.

He turned around to see the van slowly going further into the distance before finally disappearing "Hm... It's been a long time since i was on sand... This feels rather nice..."

He spots two silhouettes who seemed to have ran away

Just that alone, made him smile

─── ⋅ ∙ ∘ ☽ ༓ ☾ ∘ ⋅ ⋅ ───

[ Alicia's POV ]

If i were to remember... This was one of the levels i struggled on... To the point where i had to look up a walkthrough to get by...

The story... However...

"Tch! There's two of them! Don't let them get through!" I watched from the top of the truck as two Ringleaders were causing chaos on the battlefield.

One was Skullshatterer, Who was my main problem back then before i got here. His ranged attacks were as deadly as ever even if I trained everyone for it, but the sudden addition was-