Chapter 11 - Forever In Love.

Start from the beginning

Me, Jon, and my mom walked out to my backyard. Thank god I had just renovated it making it look nice and adding furniture so it looked good for my mom. We all sat down. "Want anything to drink?" I said walking over to my cooler and pushing aside all my Coors Light and other alcohol. I grabbed three cokes for me, Jon, and my mom.

"So Ava, where were you?" Mom said. I paused for a second and looked at Jon. "Oh I was at Jon's house" I said, setting down my Coke. "And what were you doing exactly?" Mom said, opening her drink. "Um, well we slept in if you're wondering why I was late" I said scooting closer to Jon, getting a bit worried. My mom just nodded her head and didn't respond. My mom was the typical bleach blonde, brown eyes, tattoos, always judging me, one of those so called "cool" moms but really ruined my life,  and who always goes to the bar and ends up hooking up with some trucker guy type of mom.
"I'm going to get dressed if that's okay?" I said letting go of Jon. Jon gave me a quick kiss. I quickly walked away inside and ran straight to my room to get dressed.

JONS P.O.V

Ava left to go get dressed, makes sense especially because she was in a tiny cropped tank top without a bra, and tiny shorts. I started messing with a dread since I was nervous since I was left alone with her mom. If I'm honest, her mom is kind of intimidating.
"How did you meet Ava, and what was your first impression of her?" "We actually met at a party." I said grabbing a different dread "When I first saw her, she was the most beautiful lady I've ever seen." I said smiling. Ava's mom seemed very happy with my response, she smiled. "That's very sweet." Mom said.

END OF JONS P.O.V

I walked back out and saw my mom and Jon talking, it made me relaxed. I sat back down next to Jon and grabbed my drink, taking a sip. I was wearing something simple since my mom judges everything I do.

Ava's outfit

"What's with the dreads?" Mom said

"What's with the dreads?" Mom said. Right as she said that I gagged on my drink. "Mom!" I said coughing, I was upset with that question. "Ava it's okay," Jon said, also caught off guard by the question. "What do you mean what's with them..?" Jon said confused "Nevermind, you two seem to be offended by a simple question" mom said laughing. Me and Jon looked at eachother. "I'm sorry about her, she's a bitch" I said whispering into Jon's ear. "Jonathan, do you have a job?" Mom said getting serious. "Well I worked as a coroner's assistant for a while." Jon said "But I stopped after I got offered to be the lead singer in a band Korn, so now I do that and we're pretty successful" Jon said, messing with his Coke can. "Interesting.. Can I hear your band's music? It sounds interesting since the band's name is after a vegetable." My mom said actually sounding interested which was rare. "Hey Jon, can we play the Cd you gave me?" I said holding Jon's arm and looking at him. Jon smiled and agreed. "Okay mom, my cd player is inside so let's go" I said standing up with Jon and walking in. Jon and my mom sat down on the couch and I quickly went into my room to grab the cd. I found it and went back into the living room.
"Here it is!" I said excited and opened my player, setting the disc in. Blind started playing and I sat on the couch, between Jon and my mom. Once Jon started singing my moms eyes widened.