🕸3🕸

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

May 15th, 2023

Peter began his mission to follow the pair of men, which he did successfully. He would stop behind walls and in crevices to avoid being spotted. The two turned the left corner to which Peter waited, then proceed to turn the corner. He caught a quick glance of the doctors unlocking and entering through an older wooden door. There were only four doors in this hall, Peter could remember that.

All he had to do was get through the rest of the workday.

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

Peter sighed as his body slightly rocked around on the subway bringing him to the station near his dingy apartment. Peter had been working for VorroTech for almost a year and yet every day felt like a thousand years. This job was paying him but Peter's daily activities made him feel like a five-ton stone ball was chained to him, forcing him to drag it. That feeling carried over to other things in his life. How guilty he felt for what he did with Stephen, his job as Spider-man, and all of his failures. Life was hard sometimes.

Peter entered his apartment as the sun was slowly sinking into the horizon. He microwaved a package of frozen mashed potatoes, took them to his uncomfortable, garage sale couch, and flipped on his TV. Trying, but failing, to pay attention to the news report, Peter zoned out thinking about his day. He liked to reflect each day. It was a nice way to unwind, believe it or not. His suspicions about something going on were proven correct. He had a lead! A place to investigate tonight. She had hugged him- wait, what? He was just thinking about his investigation; how did his thoughts turn to Cam again? After talking to her a few different times and their amazing lunch today, he decided that he liked her.

His head fell into his hands. Attraction was a dangerous thing for Spider-man. He reminisced back to Liz, who he betrayed as Peter Parker. MJ, who he put in danger. She too, had been ripped away from him. He could always give up his alter-ego for the sake of his personal life, but that wasn't an option. He would always remember his conversation with Mr. Stark when he was recruited. How he gushed to Tony that he would feel guilty for not stepping up with his incredible powers. Then he thought about what May told him as she slowly passed. "With great power must also come great responsibility," she said.

That was why, after everything, everyone he lost, and everything he desired now, couldn't get in the way of his second identity. He had great power, therefore, it was his responsibility to use it for good; no matter how much he liked Cam and wanted to be a better friend to Robby.

🕸 ⋆。°✩ ⋆。°✩🕸

Peter finished slipping into his Spider suit- the one he handmade two Decembers ago. With his red-colored mask now settled over his face and head, he opened the window and discretely clambered out.