Chapter 07

Ministry of Magic.

At those words, the Aurors immediately released Sirius who appeared to be in a state of shock.

Alphard and Regulus grabbed him from both sides to hold him as Sirius was in a terrible state due to the years he had suffered in Azkaban.

- "Adhara call Kreacher." - Regulus ordered.

She only nodded. - "Kreacher."

In the blink of an eye, the elf was in front of them.

- "Kreacher take Sirius and take him to Black's house," - Alphard ordered.

The elf nodded reluctantly as he never quite liked the eldest of the Black brothers.

The three Blacks began to walk towards the few remaining wizards as after Sirius' release many preferred to disappear from the place, upon seeing them, Narcissa and Andromeda joined them. And Harry, well he had been taken to Black's house for security reasons and so that Dumbledore wouldn't suspect anything.

- "I see your plans aren't so good after all." - Alphard, sneered shamelessly in Dumbledore's face.

- "I don't know what you're talking about Alphard, if Sirius is innocent then he deserves his freedom." - Excused the old man.

- "That's Lord Black to you, Headmaster." - Replied Alphard coldly.

- "Don't try to fool us Albus, your grandfatherly mask fell off a long time ago." - Said Andromeda.

He just remained silent, as he had no more arguments to confront the Blacks without making a fool of himself.

- "I see Miss Black knows how to handle an audience." - A male voice interrupted them.

Adhara said nothing but watched him indifferently.

- "Professor Riddle, what are you doing here at this hour?" - Regulus questioned, serious.

Regulus asked to see what lie the wizard was making up, for during the trial he had seen Riddle among the dark ones.

- "I've come for some important papers from the Ministry." - Riddle replied, playing it down.

- "I see, Uncle Alphard, this is Tom Riddle, Professor of Defence Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts."

- "It's a pleasure, Professor Riddle." - Said Alphard, looking at Tom with superiority.

- "The pleasure is mine." - Tom replied, annoyed.

- "I suppose you're excited... the boy who lived will be entering Hogwarts on the first of September." - Dumbledore interrupted them.

- "You're right, poor boy, no one but you... knows if he's all right." - Narcissa said coldly.

- "I'm sure he'll be in perfect condition," - Replied the Headmaster, offended.

- "Speaking of new students, will Miss Black be entering Hogwarts this year, or will she remain a myth to the students?" - Tom questioned with obvious sarcasm.

- "Well, Professor, I am far too beautiful to be in the presence of mere mortals." - Adhara replied, self-centredly.

The Blacks watched her in amusement, Dumbledore studied her with his eyes and Riddle tried to hide his amusement.

- "Is that a no, Miss Black?" - Albus questioned.

- "Well I don't know, we'll see, but I still don't understand who I should talk to about getting into Hogwarts."

- "What do you mean?" - Asked the Headmaster, confused.

- "Who exactly am I talking to now, which one of you two is the Head?"