Chapter 01 (Edited)

- "Good morning, Dad." - The girl greeted as she headed to the dining room.

- "Good morning, Adhara." - The wizard replied. - "How did you sleep?" - He asked, as he normally did.

- "More or less I had the same dream again, but this time I heard my mother's scream and I saw green eyes looking at me coldly." - The girl murmured with a lost look.

- "Calm down, okay, don't think about that, remember that I will always be here to protect you." - He assured her with a smile that conveyed security.

- "I know, I still remember your promise Dad."- Adhara said remembering.

*Flashback*

- "Well, little one is bedtime." - The black-haired wizard spoke and then accompanied her to her room and waited until the girl had put on her pajamas. He helped her up onto the bed and tucked her in. - "Good night, little Potter." - And with those last words he left the room.

An hour later, a little girl with messy red hair woke up crying and screaming. Regulus, hearing the screams from the other side of the room, ran to see what was happening.

- "What's up, little one? Why are you crying?" - Asked the wizard very concerned about the appearance of the girl.

- "I miss my parents and I don't know where my brother is, I'm afraid something will happen to him." - She spoke, wiping the few tears that were left.

- "It is normal that you miss them, but you should know that they will not come back, and the best thing you can do now is to move on." - He spoke, but he instantly regretted it when he saw that the girl only lowered her head sadly.

- "They died, didn't they?" - She didn't ask, she affirmed it and sighed before speaking again. - "I remember it well, my father ran out and my mother I... I saw how she screamed, and she fell to the ground." - She spoke slowly as if she were remembering what happened. - "I also heard my brother crying and minutes later a big explosion, then well... Everything went black before my eyes." - She finished narrating with sadness reflected on her face.

- "I understand your sadness, but you should know that you are not alone, there are people out there who love you and will protect you." - Regulus said, wiping the tears that fell from the girl's face.

- "You are one of them?" - She asked more calmly.

Regulus remained silent all his life, he had been alone, his parents had only hoped that he would be a good heir and his brother had left him aside for his friends, he took a long sigh and then looked at the girl and smiled slightly.

- "Of course, I am little one, from now on I Regulus Arcturus Black swear to protect the life of Adhara Clarissa Potter Black." - He finished speaking to look at the girl, who watched him with amazement and love.

- "Thank you very much, I really appreciate it... but wait, did you say Black? I think you're wrong I'm not a Black, my mother was Muggle-born and my father is a Potter." - She said with noticeable confusion.

- "Exactly your father was a Potter and although your mother was a daughter of Muggles she was the best witch of her generation, you should not be ashamed of your origins Adhara." - He emphasized the latter seriously.

- "I'm not ashamed, I know my mother was a great witch." - She assured him. - "But I don't understand why you say I'm a Black..." - She murmured confusedly.

- "Well, you see your great-grandmother was a Black who married a Potter and I also see the Black gene in your eyes." - Regulus spoke with a big smile when he saw the surprise in the girl's eyes.