The Glass Shard (Jedtavius)

Octavius's night had been shit. When he awoke, him, Jedediah and the others were still in the shipping container. When they had gotten through the rust hole, Jedediah was captured. Then Kahmunrah threw Jed into the hourglass. Octavius then ran into a squirrel and almost got killed by the squirrel. He managed to tame the squirrel and recruit the giant Abe Lincoln statue.

Octavius had just rode in on his squirrel and now was going to save Jedediah.

"Jedediah they need us."

"Ain't going to make it. Afraid this cowboy's been to his last hoedown, Octavius remember me as I was wild and free and."

"No need for final words."

"Oh I'm not finished yet."

"Oh"

"I want to get to the store of our relationship, the evolution from enemies to friends."

"No"

"It will make you cry."

"No because you are going to live."

Octavius rips of his helmet and slams it into the hourglass. The hourglass shatters, glass flying everywhere. Jedediah slides out of it and stands up with Octavius help.

Then they both look down at Octavius chest. A huge shard of glass is sticking out. Octavius's knees buckle. Jedediah catches him and lays him down on the ground softly. He pulls Octavius's head into his lap.

"Jed, I don't ... Go fight. Don't bother staying with me, while I am like this. I don't want you to see me die." Octavius whispers over the roar of the battle.

"No way Octy. I said that I'm not going to quit you and that doesn't change. I won't let you die." Is Jedediah's stern reply.

Octavius lets out a shaking breath. He can not show Jedediah his pain. He can't have his friend see that. Octavius closes his eyes. Jedediah runs his fingers through his friends hair and watches his eyes droop. Nota good sign. Octavius needs help now. The battle ends as Larry pushes Kahmunrah though the portal.

"LARRY! GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE! I NEED YOUR HELP!" Jedediah yells.

Larry runs over to the two minatures. He could sense the emergency as Jed had never used his real name. Larry sees the two.

"Jed, put Octavius on my hand and then step on it to." Larry says to him.

Jedediah does just as Larry says. Larry rushes over to Sacajawea. She takes Octavius and heads out of the room to work on removing the glass and saving Octavius. Once Jedediah sees that they are out of the room, he crumples into a ball on Larry's hand. He begins to cry.

"Octavius is going to be okay Jedediah. Sacajawea is great at fixing things." Larry says softly.

"I don't want him to die before I can tell him ..." Jedediah stops.

"Tell him what?"

"That's none of your business Gigantor."

And it wasn't Larry's business to know that Jedediah was in love with Octavius. And he was taking this so much harder because of the fact. At that moment Sacajawea walks back in with Octavius. Octavius had bandages wraped around his chest. As they got closer, Jedediah noticed that Octavius' chest was moving. He was still breathing! He was alive! Larry slides the two minatures in his pocket. They had to get back to New York soon after all.

Jedediah pulls Octavius onto his lap and gently strokes his dark hair. They get on the plane but Jed isn't paying attention. He is waiting for Octavius to wake up. Halfway back to New York, Octavius eyes flutter open. He lets out a soft groan.

"Jedediah is that you? Why is it so dark? Where is my helmet? Why does my chest hurt to much?" Octavius asks with another groan.

"We are in Larry's jacket pocket. Your helmet is next to me. And you are in so much pain because of the glass shard that was in your chest remember." Jedediah replies softly.

"You stayed with me. I told you to leave me. Why did you stay?"

"Because I love you Octy."

"Oh."

"Yeah ... it's okay if you don't feel that-"

Jedediah was cut off by Octavius pulling him down into a kiss. When they break apart there is a smile on both of their faces. Octavius moves up into a sitting position and leans against Jedediah's chest. When they get back to the museum, Jedediah helps Octavius into the basement and they hide down there together, with the other minatures, in eachothers arms.