Chapter Nineteen

You know that feeling when you know that person is right for you? Well, that person I happened to adore is Jungkook as he continuously swings back and forth on the swing.

I sit beside him as I do the same. It's around sunset where the park is located near an edge, viewing a beautiful lake that reflects the sun's beautiful rays.

The past few weeks haven't been the best. The constant stress of being a target and trying to create plans in order to take my uncle down managed to take its toll on my mental health.

The only one who managed to put a smile on my face is him. From planning the wedding, as well as spending time with him constantly, my love has flourished into something new.

"So, what did you want to be when you grew up? Something else other than being apart of this gang and all?" I start the conversation as I look over to him.

He also looks at me, his eyes glistening against the sun's rays. "My dreams already have come true," he says.

I roll my eyes with a laugh. "Not me,"

He also laughs but shakes his head. "Yeah, you, but I wasn't referring to that. I mean, I know I was born into this life, but being an artist makes me happy. So I would say that's my dream,"

I slowly nod my head. I know bringing an artist makes him happy. The way he's always smiling and laughing when he's on stage and interacting with his fans makes my heart always flip.

"And what about you?" He asks.

I glance down to the sand underneath our feet. "A basketball player," I mumble. I don't make eye contact with him because I know he'll judge.

"A what?" He says. I feel his presence as he kneels in front of me. His hand reaches underneath my chin and forces my attention onto him. "Repeat that,"

I turn my attention away. "A basketball player!" I exclaim as I rise from the swing and turn to him. "I never said that to anyone or you because I know you'll want to verse me and try to win,"

"Oh, so you think you can beat me?" He says as a small smirk grasps his face.

"Yoongi, no, I can't beat him since I've already tried, but you? I can beat you with my eyes closed," I say with a smile attaching to my face. This earns a roll of his eyes, and he slings his arm around my shoulders, pulling me to his side.

He ruffles my hair. "Oh, darling. I didn't know you were this delusional? You've been there when we played basketball on those RUN episodes, so you should know I always win–" he starts.

"Yoongi has won against you though–"

"Okay! But I've beaten the other players. Let's just pretend Yoongi doesn't exist for the sake of this argument," he says as he squeezes my left cheek, which earns a groan.

"Okay, do you want to bet? I win, then you do whatever I want–" I start.

"And, if I win, then you do whatever I want. We got a deal, babe," he nods as he shakes my hand firmly.

Walking to the nearest basketball court, it's peaceful and quiet. Thankfully, it happens to be around seven on a school night, so everyone is back home.

I grab the brown basketball that someone decided to leave behind, and I dribble it a few times. "Okay, it's pumped perfectly. Are you ready to lose?" I say as I throw a wink at him.

He loudly laughs. "You're so delusional, darlin', but sure, give it your best shot," he says as he gestures to the hoop.

I take a step back and shoot the ball. However, it has other plans as it smacks onto the net, which makes it sway.