Chapter seven

"He thinks that I'm dumb," I grit out to Aarav, who's stuffing his mouth with popcorn as we sit next to each other in the theatre. It's interval, and the movie hasn't even begun again, yet this pig is pigging out. 

He begins to choke, probably failing to control his laughter at me, but because I don't want my best friend to die yet, I give him my cola because he already completed his- probably. 

"It's because you are," He says when he's done laughing- nah, he begins laughing again and the people who are sitting in the row behind us probably think he's insane to be laughing at the re-release of Devdas. 

I elbow him before grabbing my cola back from him, ignoring his cry of protest. This pig, I swear…

I turn to him, narrowing my eyes. "And what did your girl say?"

"She thinks that-" His hands fly over to his mouth, clamping it shut as she shakes his head. "I'm not telling you that."

"And why not?" My eyes are basically slits now, glaring at him.

"It's um-" He grows flustered. "It's personal."

"We are best friends, we don't have personal shit," I shoot him a look.

He rakes a hand through his locks. "She thinks that I'm pretty hot. Hot enough to-"

I shut my ears as my face flushes even to imagine that someone could think about him that way, "TMI, Aarav, TMI."

"I told you so," He sighs in what seemed like a heave of relief and before I could get back at him, the cinema starts again and this time, we have no snacks to munch on, thanks to his pigging abilities. Pigging so much food at once is a life skill. He could make money as a mukbang eater or something at this point, making use of his otherwise gross eating.