21 | Divorce Paper

"I don't give a fuck what he offers! This isn't a negotiation but an execution. Unless you want to replace him, do your damn job and bring the fucker's head to me!" I hung up my phone, sighing in frustration.

Imbeciles!

I don't understand.
It was supposed to be peaceful.

Now that the thorn had finally been plucked out of my flesh, I was supposed to revel in it and went on with my days quietly.

But none of them were quiet. I feel like shit. Everything seemed to piss me off. Even down to the littlest things such as a fucking wrinkle on my shirt could ruin my day.

I need to get laid.

I checked on my watch to find it was already four-thirty in the afternoon.

About time..

Rosalind seemed to have developed a new hobby while I was away. That is everyday at three to five p.m. she would always watered the plants and flowers in the garden, pruned off the dying leaves, deadheaded the flowers, and by the time she's done with all of that, she would sit by the garden table to reward herself a cup of tea, while I watch her from the window of my office.

I didn't know when this creepy routine of mine started. At first I was just curious on why she'd taken over Mary's job. But seeing how relaxed she was as she's doing it, the pride on her face seeing the flowers she nurtured bloomed healthily, and that little smile of hers every time she took the first sip of her warm tea.

It calms me.

Somehow kept me sane throughout these crappy days. And unknowingly, I kept standing by the window almost everyday.

Though at the same time it also upsets me that she could still go on with her life normally, enjoying herself, while I was downright miserable.

It's been days since we've been avoiding each other. Well, I've avoided her for the most part.

Although she'd still greet me when we met, it was different than how she used to. She would always has that shine in her eyes whenever she sees me, now she wouldn't even look at me as if she fears that my gaze would disintegrate her. Her usual cheerful voice that welcomes me with delight has now became more subdued, and her most radiant smile became rather.. sad.

And each time I couldn't help but wonder why?

Why can't she smile at me that way anymore?
What changed her?
How I envy those flowers she carefreely smiles to.

But no matter. For it will be over soon nevertheless.

Suddenly someone came knocking at my door, disturbing my peace.

Ugh, can't these people see that I'm busy?!

"Who is it?"

"It's Micah."

"Come in."

Micah entered my office carrying a brown envelope in his hand.

"I've got what you asked for." He handed me the envelope and I opened it.

After verifying the content of the divorce paper I tucked it back inside, put it on the side of my table, and went back to my paperwork.

"Good work. Now fuck off." I dismissed Micah with the wave of my hand, yet he still stood there idly.

I gave him a quick glance as I kept on signing my papers. "What? Why aren't you fucking off?"

Micah seemed hesitant to talk at first but he chose to do it anyway. "Are you sure this is what you want? I mean, what about your father? I thought you're going to have her be the one who makes the choice?"