Chapter 9 The Unofficial Date

Start from the beginning

He gently brushed away her tears his touch as gentle as a feather against her cheek. When the haze finally cleared .

Aurelia blinked, her eyes scanning her surroundings. Confusion swirled within her as she struggled to grasp the reality of her surroundings. She hadn’t expected her boss to be there, especially not in the aftermath of such a haunting dream.

Tentatively, she straightened herself, her breath still unsteady. She found solace in the warmth of Alexander’s presence, though unaware of the true extent of his power and influence. It was as if he held a mysterious allure that both fascinated and unsettled her.

“Thank you,” she whispered, her voice quivering. “I…I don’t know what came over me.”

Alexander’s eyes softened, a hint of understanding flickering in his gaze. He had sensed her distress, her vulnerability, and a part of him longed to shield her from the darkness that plagued her past, darkness that she masks behind a façade of professionalism.

“I….  i-it”  she stutters

“You don’t have to explain, love” his voice a soothing balm to her worries. Aurelia’s heart raced with the close proximity , her mind still plagued by the remnants of the nightmare.

She took a deep breath, gathering her courage, and turned to face Alexander, her boss, who had been by her side throughout the night.

“Alexander,” she whispered hesitantly, her voice laced with vulnerability. “I… I don’t want to be alone . Can you… Can you please stay with me a little longer?”

Alexander’s gaze softened, his eyes filled with understanding and empathy. He could see the fear lingering in Aurelia’s eyes, and he knew the weight of her past still bore heavily on her shoulders. Without hesitation, he nodded, a comforting small smile playing at his lips.

“Of course, love,” he replied gently, his voice a soothing balm. “I’ll stay with you for as long as you need.”

Aurelia’s heart skipped a beat at his words, her crush on him intensifying with each passing moment. There was something about Alexander’s presence that made her feel safe, a warmth in his demeanor that dissolved the barriers around her heart.

As Alexander settled himself beside her on the bed, Aurelia felt a mix of apprehension and relief wash over her. With a hesitance born from a lifetime of mistrust, Aurelia allowed herself to lean into his embrace, seeking solace in his presence. Alexander held her gently, his arms offering a sense of security she had long yearned for as she scooted closer, and he wrapped a protective arm around her, pulling her into an embrace.

In the cocoon of his arms, Aurelia felt the remnants of her fear gradually dissipate. Alexander’s steady heartbeat and the warmth of his body provided a sense of security she hadn’t felt in years. The walls she had built around herself began to crumble, allowing her to trust, even if just for this moment.

“Thank you,” she murmured softly, her voice filled with gratitude. “I don’t know what I would do without you.”

Alexander’s hand brushed gently against her cheek, his touch tender and comforting. “You don’t have to thank me, Aurelia,” he whispered, his voice filled with sincerity. “I care about you, and I want to be there for you. Always.”