"Do you have a license to own a gun, ma'am?" The officer asked as a bright smile formed on your lips, the hidden malice and deceit behind it going unnoticed as you nodded.

"Yes sir I do. I can go get it if you wish to see?" you said with a raise brow as Rye seemed to perk up at the mention of a gun license. She turned to the officer who was about to answer you and cut them off.

"I've seen her license officer. She's showed it to me the first time I moved here." She said as that same unnerving smile returned to her lips. The officer looked at her then at you as you shrugged with a calm smile, making the officer clear his throat as he nodded.

"I see. Well if it's fine may we have your permission to check your apartment ma'am? And maybe interrogate your friends over there as well?.." The officer questioned as he glanced at the two men behind you on the couch, said men exchanging uneasy expressions as they both glanced at you.

At the mention of being inside your apartment perked Rye's interest as she smiled at you expectantly whom looked at the officer with a soft smile that didn't reach your eyes. Unbeknownst to them your gaze held nothing but malice and deceit as you sighed and stepped out of the way as a gesture to let them in.

The officers thanked you as they went inside along with Rye whom seemed to take in every detail of your apartment with awe. They went to work as they searched your apartment for anything suspicious, noting down the bullet hole in the kitchen as you explained to them that it was an 'honest accident.'

The tension was so thick you could couldn't even cut it with a knife each passing second. When they finished searching your apartment they stood in front of the two men, ready to interrogate them as both men put on their best pokerface. It almost impressed you..almost.

"May I ask for your names gentlemen?" the officer questioned as the Tim was the first to answer.

"Timothy Wright." he answered shortly as he glanced at Brian with an expectant gaze.

"Brian Thomas." Brian's answer was gruff as he looked away with his hands in his pockets. The officers nodded as the two men seemed to have a silent conversation with their eyes.

"May I we know what your doing here and how you got into this apartment complex?" The officers question perked Rye's and Your interest as all eyes in the room was now on them.

Brian gulped at the tension as he let out an annoyed grunt. Tim was the first one to answer once again as he calmed himself down enough to not give away their cover.

"Well me and my friend over here were called by 'erm..our dear friend after she told us that she wanted company this dark and scary night that's all." Tim lied on the spot as he gulped slightly at the realisation that he knew nothing about You, most specifically your name and that alone was already crucial.

The officers hummed in understanding as they nodded.
"Well who wouldn't want company after everything that's been happening." The other officer agreed as they concluded the little interrogation and said their farewells.

As the officers left the apartment and waited outside of the door, Rye remained inside as she eyed the two men with immense suspicion.

"I never knew you had friends, L/N.." she said with a such a sweet yet poisonous voice that made your hand twitch in irritation.

"Most specifically friends with a bad influence.." Rye pointed out as she glanced at Tim, remembering him from earlier that day as the smoker in the halls. The suffocating gaze and her targeted words made Tim scowl as Brian raised a brow and glanced at Tim with wonder.

"You'd be surprised..call him bad influence all you want but we all cope in our own ways don't we?" you replied with that blank tone you usually speak with as Rye glanced back at you and nodded in understanding.

"I suppose so. I apologise for my rudeness." she said with a strained smile before a silence engulfed the room. She stepped towards the door as she reluctantly nodded as a gesture of 'goodbye'

She didn't stick around much after giving the two men a dirty look as she exited your apartment. When the door closed the two serial killers let out a breath they didn't know they were holding, making you glance back at them with a blank expression.

You took in each of their features as you stood in silence. Tim and Brian looked at each other for the umpteenth time as they once again communicated with their eyes.

Tim cleared his throat as he looked at you with a reluctant expression. "..Thank..Thank you.." he muttered out as he put his mask back on to hide his embarrassment. Brian did the same as he let out a sigh of relief to be back in the safety of his mask.

"Don't thank me. It's pathetic." You deadpanned at Tim as you crossed your arms, Tim seemed to return the deadpan with a hint of annoyance as Brian snorted quietly.