Chapter 16 - Meeting Re-Do

Start from the beginning

"Alpha Miller wanted to start discussing the arrangements for the training of his pack," I reply. I catch the glare Aaron shoots in my direction, bringing me satisfaction.

"Well, unfortunately, that discussion will have to wait for another day. I have things to attend back at my pack. I'll get in touch soon," he states to the both of us, but his eyes are only on me.

I fight to keep my heart rate from spiking knowing he would be able to hear it. I don't understand why he affects me so much. I have been successful in keeping my emotions hidden, even from my own pack. It is why we have managed to be at the top and I wasn't about to let this one guy who I barely know ruin it all, no matter how hot he may be.

"I have business to take care of as well, so we will need to schedule a meeting some other day," I tell them both before heading out, not waiting for a response.

*Matthew's POV*

"I have business to take care of as well, so we will need to schedule a meeting some other day," she says before she just walks out, not bothering to see if we agree.

The tone in her voice was very cold and distant even for me. For some reason, it bothered me how dismissive she was. I could care less if she uses that tone on Miller, but I don't like that she treated me the same way. I don't understand why if she doesn't even know me, therefore, her impassive attitude makes sense. I'm the same way with everyone in my life, so why has this one girl affected me so much? Why do I need her attention so bad?

"Stay the fuck away from her," Miller says as he attempts to shove past me.

I sidestep him and he stumbles past me. "Don't start with me Miller. I will not hesitate to show everyone what a weak excuse of an alpha you are."

"I see the way you've been looking at her. She is my mate so you better find some unmated wolf to get your needs," he claims causing me to let out a sarcastic chuckle.

"I thought she had made it pretty clear this morning in the dining hall that she was no longer yours? Didn't she reject you?" I taunt.

"I rejected her first! No one would dare reject me!" he bursts out, just like I knew he would.

"Oh, but she did dare, not once but twice," I continue to mock him. "Maybe you should be the one to back the fuck up."

I step up to him giving him a cold look. Once again, I have failed at shutting off whatever this is that I feel towards Alpha Lightwood. Hearing him say she's his, heck even her name coming out of his mouth, irks me. It's not even just me, Silas' rage is over clouding my thoughts.

"Whatever man. I got nothing to prove to you," he claims as he backs up like a coward and leaves the conference room.

'Don't you dare let him walk away! Not after what he said,' Silas roars.

'He's not worth it Silas.'

'But she is!'

'Silas, no. You know what would happen if we attack another Alpha with out a cause, even if it is Miller,' I try to reason.

Silas cuts off the link, but I can still feel his displeasure ringing through out head. I can't figure out why he has grown so attached to this one girl. He didn't feel this much anger when our mate would be insulted. All the protectiveness mainly came from me and I always found it odd, but I had dropped the concern. Now though, it is back ten fold because I can't wrap my head around what makes this girl, who we barely know and isn't our mate, so special to Silas.

Brielle Gray is a real mystery. I've heard all the stories they've told about the Blood Alpha and I didn't want to believe because I know how it feels to have people talk about you without knowing the full story. After meeting her, it sure is getting hard for me to give her the benefit of the doubt. I know she is hiding secrets that have to do with the rogue attacks and the Rogue Alpha. I don't expect her to reveal her secrets because I have some of my own that I would never share, but this is different. If she has information about these attacks I feel we have a right to know to better prepare for them.