𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞

CHAPTER TWELVE:❝︎A Chance At A Normal Life❞︎

CHAPTER TWELVE:
❝︎A Chance At A Normal Life❞︎

THEODORA HAD THOUGHT LONG AND HARD ABOUT FURY'S OFFER AND EVEN AFTER THINKING FOR AS LONG AS SHE DID, SHE STILL HAD NO IDEA WHAT IT WAS THAT SHE WAS GOING TO DECIDE. Theo had been walking back and forth in her room, Clint was currently on another mission so this decision was completely up to her. She looked down at her hands, all the traumas that they've brought her flashing behind her eyes causing her to stop in her tracks. Theo knew that she was dangerous. She could literally destroy someone's life just by touching them. Theo didn't know if she could live with herself.

There was a knock onto her bedroom door causing Theo to turn her head, walking over to the door and pulling it open. Natasha stood there, her signature smirk plastered across her face. Her hands were in her jacket pockets, her back straight as she stared at Theo. Without saying a word, Theo stepped to the side, allowing Natasha inside. She closed the door behind her and turned to face the woman. Natasha said nothing for a moment, her eyes darting around the room before she turned to look at Theo.

"Have you made a decision yet?" Natasha asked.

"Not yet," Theo answered.

"Well, I need a decision." Natasha said. "Preferably now if possible."

     "Well, it's a lot to think about." Theo defended. "I really don't know how I could be of any help. I know how to fight enough to survive. I've never shot a gun in my life. I am not one of Fury's soldiers. I cannot come to him every single time he calls. This is Clint's way of life, not mine. He's the assassin, not me."

     "You want a normal life, I get that." Natasha nodded. "But if Fury needed you to find information, would you come?"

     Theo thought about it for a moment. "If I could still have a chance at a normal life, to get married, have a family, I would come to him."

     Natasha smiled and nodded. "I'm sure that'll be a good enough answer for him. You better get working on that family." Theo's eyes widened as her face grew hot whilst Natasha hid her amusement and walked out. Confident that Natasha was going to relay the message, Theo laid down on her bed. She thought about what Natasha said, and her mind wandered. Theo was young, but if she was being honest, she wouldn't mind starting her own little family. It would be even better if she could have one with Clint. The couple had been together for a year, but everyone in the building always told her how in love with her Clint seemed to be, and of course she was just as in love with him.

All she did all day was wait for him to come home to her, and she would gladly do that for the rest of her life. Would it be too soon for him to have a family? Would he even want one with his line of work? If he said he didn't want a family, what was she going to do? She stared at her hands and a string of new thoughts entered her mind. If she had kids, was there a possibility that they could get her ability? She didn't want that. She would never want to put such a burden on another human being, especially not another kid. Living with it as a kid was hard for Theo, she sent her brother into a mental hospital for Christ's sake! She would never wish that on anyone else.

     Theo continued to lay there, eventually moving to let the television play and fixing herself a snack. She sat on the couch, staring at the television show, a cup of tea in her hands. She looked up when the door opened and a smile immediately bloomed on her face when Clint walked in. "Hey, babe."

     Clint sat his things down and walked over to her, smiling. He pressed a quick kiss to her lips. "Did you miss me?"

     Theo chuckled. "Always."

     He kicked off his shoes and took a seat beside her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and allowing her to lean into his chest. She let out a soft sigh. "I finally answered Fury."

     Clint looked down at her with surprise. "Oh? How did that go?"

     "I told Natasha that if he needed me for information, that I would come."

     "But. . .?"

     "But I wanted a chance at a normal life. I want to have the chance to have a family of my own. I'm not an assassin like you, I'm no good when it comes to fighting people or killing someone to make the world a safer place. That's your job, not mine." She looked at Clint and watched as he nodded his head. "Would you want that? A family, I mean?"

     Clint couldn't help the smile that tugged on his lips at the thought. "I think I would."

      Theo hesitated, suddenly insecure. "I mean. . . I mean would you want to have a family with me? Given my situation and all, there could be a possibility that I pass my curse onto one of my kids."

      "And you'll be there to teach them how to control it." Clint told her.

     Theo looked at him. "Yeah?"

     Clint nodded. "Yeah."

     "You'd really want to have a family with me?"

     "If it meant I could be with you, yes. As long as you're happy, that's all I care about. I'd have one with you right now if that's what you wanted."

     Theo placed her cup down and tried to hide her smirk. "What if that's exactly what I wanted?" Clint smiled and immediately pulled her in and kissed her passionately.

 "What if that's exactly what I wanted?" Clint smiled and immediately pulled her in and kissed her passionately