𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER ELEVEN:❝︎Honest Opinion❞︎

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
❝︎Honest Opinion❞︎

THEODORA KNOX WAS CONTENT. She had been here for a little over a year now and she was starting to learn some form of control when it came to her powers and with each improvement she couldn't help but be proud of herself for accomplishing it. Within the past year, another development had occurred, one that Theo was pretty proud of. She and Clint were an official couple. It had been fast, within the first month of being here she'd succumbed to her feelings for him and they became a thing. Now they've been together for 11 months, in two weeks it would be a year.

Theodora had never been one to believe in love. Ever since she was a kid and she was cursed with her powers, she'd always believed that she would end up alone. And then Clint Barton came into her life and flipped that thought process upside down. She still wore her gloves everywhere she went, the memories still flashing through her brain and terrorizing her. The only time she didn't wear them was when she was with Clint. It took a bunch of tries, but she's finally managed to learn how to manipulate what she could and could not see, at least when it came to him that was. Objects were still tough for her, people were starting to get a little easier, but it still differed from person to person.

Training had been getting much easier for her, she was getting better at it, Clint had even began to start teaching her how to shoot. Mostly guns, but he's let her practice with arrows a few times. However, much to both of their surprise, she was quite good with throwing knives. Theodora sat in the living room of her small apartment, a cup of coffee in her hands. She had been given the offer of staying the S.H.I.E.L.D. compound, but quite frankly she needed some time away from the place because the same colored walls gave her a headache.

A knock came on her door making the woman look up from the table she'd been staring at. She set her cup down on the table and stood up from the couch, making her way over towards the door. She looked through the peep hole and a smile fell on her face when she saw Clint standing on the other side. She pulled the door open and her smile widened. Clint smiled back at her, greeting her with a kiss. Theodora stepped to the side, letting Clint inside. She closed the door and made her way to the kitchen.

"Do you want a cup of coffee?" Theo asked, pulling down a mug as she already knew the answer to her question. Clint was never one to say no to coffee.

"Yes, please."

Theo smiled and poured the coffee, making her way over to him and handing him the cup. "Here you go." She leaned against the kitchen counter, forgetting her own coffee that was sitting on the table. "So, tell me, how was your day?"

"Good, good." Clint nodded. "Nothing too exciting."

"How's Natasha?" Theo hummed, pushing away from the counter and walking over to the table in order to pick up her cup. She took a sip of the coffee. "Is she still hung up on that guy. . . what was his name? A. . . Andrew?"

"Alec," Clint corrected with a chuckle.

"Listen, you know I'm not good at names." Theodora replied with an amused smile on her lips. "Anyways, how's she doing?"

"She's healing from it. You know Natasha, she won't admit it out loud. Even if she did know him whilst she was still a little brainwashed, I really think that she loved him. She doesn't like to talk about him. We're the only ones that know." Clint sighed, moving to take a seat on the couch. Theo sat down beside of him. "She's my best friend but she really needs to learn how to express her emotions."

"Well, Clint, you have to realize that she was taught not to ever show emotions. It's not really her fault that she can't properly express them." Theodora shrugged her shoulders, giving a sad smile. "Maybe if she spends enough time with you she'll learn how to do such a thing, seeing as you are a big crybaby and all that."

"Hey," Clint nudged her side and she laughed. Clint smiled at that. "So, Fury pulled me to the side today." Theodora rose an eyebrow in response. "He wants me to try and convince you to go on missions with me. Now, as for me, I don't want you going because if someone tries to hurt you then someone's going to have to die. But, if you're up for it, the offer is right there."

Theo was surprised to say the least. She wasn't expecting that to come out of his mouth so she took a moment to ponder over what he said. She looked down at her gloved hands, a small frown pulling on her lips. She was getting better in training, she could go on missions if she really wanted to. However, Theodora knew that the real reason Fury wanted her to go onto those missions was because she had a gift and he wanted her to use it. She didn't know if she was ready for all of that.

"I know that you know he only wants me to go because he wants me to use my powers." Theo softly spoke, taking another sip of her coffee before running her finger along the rim of it. Clint didn't say anything, because he knew that she was right. She looked over at Clint, her eyes meeting his. She leaned her head back against the couch, her eyes never leaving his. "What should I do, Clint? Give me your honest opinion."

"I think you should do whatever you're comfortable with." Clint answered her honestly, draping an arm over the back of the couch. "That's my opinion." Theo looked at him and sighed, moving her eyes back to her coffee. She had a lot to think about, and not a lot of time to think about it.

 She had a lot to think about, and not a lot of time to think about it