𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SEVEN:❝︎A Male Katniss❞︎

CHAPTER SEVEN:
❝︎A Male Katniss❞︎

IT WAS HARD FOR HER TO GO BACK TO THE PAST, TO TELL NICK FURY EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED, WHY SHE WAS THE WAY SHE WAS, AND WHY SHE HAD BEEN HIDING OUT ALL THOSE YEARS. It was so much information that she was simply given away, that when she stopped speaking she threatened the man, telling him to never share a word that she had just spoken. She walked out of his office with her nerves all over the place. She couldn't believe that she had just said all that. She just gave that man her whole life story, and in return he gave her a job which she didn't have to accept.

She made her way through the halls of the S.H.I.E.L.D. building, going down steps instead of using the elevator and keeping her gloved hands close to her side. Would she run? Would she go back to the place that had kept her safe so many years? The place that had helped her avoid the horrors of her past. Would she go back to that schedule? Or was it too dangerous now? If S.H.I.E.L.D. could find her, then who knew the other people that could find her. And those people were the ones that wanted to hurt her and take her in hopes of getting a closer look at her power.

She pushed the door open, stopping when the fresh air hit her face. She took a deep breath, closing her eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest. She stood there and just allowed herself to breathe, to calm down and think of anything but what she had told Nick Fury. Her past was coming back to haunt her, and that was something she didn't think she would be able to handle. She hadn't bene able to handle it when it was her present, so how could she possibly handle it now? Her entire family hated her because of what she did. She had no one. Theodora was absolutely alone in this world, and maybe it should stay that way.

"For someone that's been stuck in a room with Nick Fury for more than thirty minutes, you sure do seem calm." The sound of Clint's voice made Theodora open her eyes. She turned her head to look at him before turning back to the scenery in front of her, a sigh leaving her lips. "I heard he offered you the job of being an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. ."

"He did." Theodora nodded, reaching up to push the black curls from her face. "Whether or not I accept his offer is something that I have yet to decide." She stood there for a moment, thinking of what else to say. Should she trust this man? Why not. He found her, took her away, and possibly saved her life even if she didn't know it yet. "I've been alone practically my whole life. Even when I was a kid, my family knew what I could do. They treated me differently, even if they didn't realize they did. I'm not good at the whole teamwork thing."

Clint moved to stand beside of her, shrugging his shoulders as he stuffed his hands in his pants pockets. "If I'm being honest, me neither. But, that's a secret between me and you. Half the people here annoy the shit out of me." Theodora looked at him and a small smile managed to grace her face. Clint smiled back in response, nudging her side slightly.

"I have to ask you something." Theodora spoke, making Clint meet her eyes, raising an eyebrow in question. He watched as an amused smile started to curl on his lips, and though he couldn't help but think how beautiful her smile was, he was also scared of what it was that she was about to ask him. "When I was talking to Fury, you were brought up in conversation a couple times. And there's this name that he called you, and I just need to know if it's a thing or if he's just mean." She paused for dramatic affect before asking, "Do they really call you Hawkeye?"

Clint rolled his eyes and sighed, immediately earning an amused chuckle from the woman. He shook his head slightly. "It's a codename. Some have them, some don't. But, like a hawk, I see better off from a distance. Hence the name Hawkeye. And my weapon of choice is a bow and arrow instead of guns." Theodora hummed, nodding her head slightly at his words. "I know you haven't decided. But, you can always join this little circus. It'd be nice to not have to sit up top alone all the time."

Theodora thought about it for a moment. Clint was a loner, just as she was. Yet, he was going out of his way to try and make her feel welcomed. He was a nice man, she had to admit. She also had to admit that he was very good looking, but would she ever say that out loud? No. Maybe this was good for her. Maybe this place could be a fresh start for her. Maybe it'll help forget the past, make her forget what it was that she had done. Though she knew that that wasn't going to happen. She wished someone would just reach their hand inside of her head, and rip out the memories of what she'd done. She wanted the pain to be taken from her. She dealt with it for so long, and she was starting to grow exhausted. She knew she needed to be strong. Think positively. And she would strive to do that. She would do just that as long as she possibly could.

"Fine." She sighed, though there was a joking tone to her voice. "However, I want you to teach me how to shoot bows and arrows. They've always been my favorite weapon. You're like a male Katniss. Or Legolas." He rolled his eyes and she laughed.

"Anymore names you'd like to give me?" He joked, holding the door open for her.

She shrugged, the smile not leaving her lips. "I'll think of some." And then she walked inside with Clint following after her, not knowing the path that she had just set for herself.

" And then she walked inside with Clint following after her, not knowing the path that she had just set for herself