Chapter 10

'Free to talk?' I asked, placing my phone on the table again, trying to decide if I wanted the flower red or white. I was painting, but mostly wasn't. I tried to focus as much as I could, but my eyes kept going away, looking at my phone, expecting a new message.

The moment my phone rang, announcing I have a new notice I almost dropped my brush, taking the phone into my hands again. 'Of course love' And there it was. The message I've been waiting for. I clicked a video call without even thinking and put the phone in front of me.

"Yes, love?" He asked, sitting behind his table and I had to smile. Not only that I loved the nickname, but I also couldn't get enough of him. Just looking at him, doing absolutely nothing, was enough to make me smile.

"Hi," I muttered as an answer and saw him chuckle.

"I missed you,"

"You think I didn't?" I said right back.

"What are you doing? Don't tell me 'nothing' though."

"Funny," I sniggered. "I am drawing," I said, "kind of."

"Show me." He demanded right away and I shook my head.

"It still needs to dry."

"Wait a minute," Nijiro said and turned around on his chair. I just nodded, looking at him through the video call.

"Nijiro, you have a shooting this Saturday." His manager reminded him in the back, while walking past the door, and Nijiro turned back to me.

I wasn't sure what he wanted to say, but when I saw him I just kept smiling. He smiled back at me and called back to his manager. "I can't, I have a date," He said smiling, still looking at me. I just nodded, telling him that works for me, excited he is finally coming back this Friday.

"Date?" His manager asked, walking inside the room to see me and Nijiro calling. "You didn't tell me you have a girl. And a pretty one," He said to me, but not the way as if he was hitting on me, more of as if he wanted me to think I am pretty. "Alright, I let them know that you can't that day and we will do it later, but be careful. Wear a mask and glasses, we don't want any scandals, got it?" Nijiro just nodded and so did I. His manager smiled at me again and then left, already calling someone about the Saturday.

"Is it really okay though?" I asked, knowing damn well he isn't going to do anything about it anyway.

"Don't worry about it, I have to deal with some stuff now, but I'll text you in a few hours when I get home, yeah?"

"Yeah," I smiled, reminding myself Friday is tomorrow. "See you,"

"Sleep well," he wished me before hanging up, leaving me on my own again. I flew to Japan to enjoy my time and now I make it seem like I can't go on without having my boyfriend right behind my ass. From a lazy adult that was ready to visit everything once she gets here, to an even lazier adult, who just wants to spend every time she has with her boyfriend. In my defense I had to be with him as much as possible before going back home.

Time passed faster than I thought and before I even realized, I was preparing for a date with my boyfriend. I felt silly calling him my boyfriend, even when that's exactly what he is. Maybe not being on an actual date outside after so long made me a little too excited. I wasn't trying that hard or anything, but I felt happier than ever, maybe it was actually just because it was with Nijiro.

"What are you still doing here?" Nijiro opened my door and I turned around. He was at my apartment for the last half hour, calmly waiting for me to prepare without any problem. I knew that didn't change, he didn't mind waiting, because when he opened the door he was slightly laughing, not at me, but at his own sentence. "You're beautiful," he muttered, smiling, now more serious. "gorgeous even," he added, taking a few steps forward to get closer to me. He reached out for my hand, and raised it to the air, hand holding, making me do a turn around for him. I smiled and bowed when I stopped again. "You ready, love?"

"Of course," I answered, still holding his hand, walking out of my room with him right behind me.

We got out of the apartment soon after and Nijiro took me to his car, deciding to drive us somewhere. The only thing he told me beforehand was that we were eating out.

We didn't drive for as long as I thought we would. The ride actually only took us about 10 minutes before we got to the restaurant. As soon as I stepped out of the car I noticed how fancy the restaurant was. I kept moving my eyes between Nijiro and the restaurant, trying to figure out if he meant it.

"I don't have money like that," I muttered, still in shock.

"Everything tonight is on me," He assured me, taking my hand again. "How could the big brain of yours think, even for a second, that you were paying?"

"But..." I started, swallowing the rest of the sentence. "You are amazing," I sighed with a smile, hugging him around the waist before walking in.

"That's our place," He said, pointing at a table for two right next to a window. "Let's go."

We sat down right after and Nijiro took the menu into his hands right away while I still looked around, admiring how beautiful this place was. "Just as you," Nijiro said when I mentioned it. "What do you want to drink?"

"Not sure," I said, putting my hands on the table. "You pick," He nodded, looking a little more through the menu before smiling, as if he just found the most perfect thing ever.

"Got it," he said, putting the menu aside, grabbing my hand with his own. "You'll love it."

"I am sure I will," I smiled at him, looking out the window. "Oh shit. Nijiro," I muttered, gulping, making him look out too. "That might be a problem." I muttered, looking at the person, taking a picture of the two of us on the opposite side of the road.