Chapter 10: Battle on the Kiloude Streets

Start from the beginning

"Pikachu!" squeaked Pikachu defiantly.

"Pichu-pi!" Pichu cried.

"Dedenne!" Dedenne squeaked as well, while Squishy garbled angrily.

"I wouldn't expect less from any of you. After all..." Parker glared at all of the Pokémon Sceptile managed to defeat. "It's what makes you all weak."

Ash followed the poacher's gaze and instantly noticed the unconscious forms of Talonflame, Hawlucha, and Noivern. He then looked at Clemont, Tierno, Trevor, and Calem, who were all tending to their own fallen Pokémon.

"That bad, huh...?" the raven-haired Trainer asked.

"Yeah..." Trevor replied as he recalled his Charmeleon.

"You be careful with that guy, dude!" Tierno exclaimed. "He and Sceptile have some very crazy moves! And he managed to Mega Evolve Sceptile without a Mega Stone!"

"Without a Mega Stone?!" repeated Ash, startled by the newest information.

"Yeah!" Clemont replied. "But he had a Key Stone, so that Mega Stone's gotta be somewhere on Sceptile! So you gotta be careful, Ash!"

Ash looked at Parker and Sceptile, who were calmly standing still, waiting for them to make their first move. Parker was smirking at him and Serena tauntingly. The raven-haired Trainer narrowed his eyes; he was definitely going to be a tough opponent to face, especially since he was most likely equipped with technology from the future that would likely make Clemont squeal with pleasure.

"Pikapi!"

Ash felt something scurry onto his shoulder, and he looked there to see none other than Pikachu. The Mouse Pokémon was smiling at him with the utmost confidence. Then, he looked at his other side and saw Greninja, Serena, and Braixen also looking at him optimistically. At that moment, the Trainer smiled and looked at Parker and Sceptile.

"Never give up till the end," he declared.

"Right!" Serena exclaimed, the honey-blonde with agreement.

"As you wish, you two," Parker replied nonchalantly. "I shall make your defeats as quick and painless as possible-"

"They're not fighting alone!" Shauna interrupted, as she joined Serena's side. "Ivysaur and I are still in the game, remember?!"

"And I'm fighting beside you guys as well!" shouted Calem. The older Trainer recalled Empoleon, pulled out a new Poké Ball, and stepped beside Ash. "Your Sceptile took my Empoleon down so easily. Don't you expect to get away with it without a little payback on my part!"

"Alright," Ash said. He looked at Clemont and the others, who were still tending to their fallen Pokémon. "Clemont, you take the others back to the hotel! Make sure the Pokémon are alright!"

"Got it, Ash!" Clemont replied determinedly.

"Goodra, take care of them! Make sure there's no traps waiting for them!"

Goodra nodded loyally at its Trainer. As for Tierno and Trevor, they looked at Shauna and Calem with expressions of grave concern.

"You guys be careful," Trevor said.

"Got it, Trev!" Shauna replied, her smile brimming with confidence. Then, she looked at Calem. "I trust you and your Pokémon watch my back, Calem?"

"As keenly as a Fearow," responded Calem. Then, he threw his new Poké Ball into the air. "GO, GALLADE!"

The Poké Ball opened up and unleashed the Blade Pokémon, which made an intimidating pose.

Meanwhile, Pichu tried to hop out of Bonnie's arms and join the impending battle, but she held on to the Tiny Mouse Pokémon tightly.