🕸️ 01. | new school

Magsimula sa umpisa

A police car stopped in front of them both which made nico lift his head slightly before groaning again, "Oh, come on." Miles said.

——

We all sat in the car, nico was still staring up at the car ceiling while he was still groaning, I was just laughing at this under my breath. Miles was looking like a deer in the headlights while he kept staring up at the ceiling too.

"Seriously, dad. walking would've been fine." Miles suddenly spoke and Nico nodded in agreement, "I second that." he added.

"Y'all can walk plenty on saturday when y'all peel those stickers off." Mr.Morales said, Nico scratched his neck nervously.

Nico chuckled nervously while scratching the back of his neck while looking to the side, "You saw that? I don't know if that was me, Mr.Morales." he lied.

Mr.Morales squinted his eyes at nico with a knowing look, "Want me to tell your mom what you did?" that word made nico quickly sit up straight while shaking his head.

"Nah, nah I'm good." Nico said rather quickly, I chuckled and just shook my head. my mom was a police officer too so she might've probably already knew.

It was quiet in the car for awhile which was comfortable, we then heard the radio turn on now talking about spider man.

"Spider man. I mean, this guy swings in once a day, zip-zap-zop in his little mask and answers to no one. right?" Mr.Morales said, we just nodded.

"Yeah, dad. yeah." Miles said dismissively, I leaned my head against the window as we made our way towards the school.

Once we made it to the school me and Nico hurried out of the car letting miles talk to his dad alone. we both stepped towards the entrance and waited for miles.

It was quiet between the two of us and the silence was a bit thick, there was no tension between us. of course not. he was just always acting weird around me.

"Hi." I suddenly broke the silence and Nico turned towards me, his face turning red which I didn't notice at all, "Hey." he replied back.

Miles made his way out of his dads police car and towards us, but then he suddenly stopped when Mr.Morales made the police siren go off for a brief moment.

"You gotta say 'I love you' back." Mr.Morales said, "Dad, are you serious?" Miles asked while turning to him with a huff.

"I wanna hear it. 'I love you dad'." Mr.Morales said, Me and Nico snickered and covered our laughs.

"You wanna hear me say it?" Miles asked once again, "You're dropping me off at a school..with my two best friends!"

Mr.Morales gave miles a look and me and Nico just laughed, "'I love you, dad'." Mr.Morales said.

"Look at this place."

"'Dad, I love you'."

Everyone turned to miles and towards me and nico, we just looked away while not trying to watch the awkward moment.

"Dad, I love you."

"That's a copy."

Miles hurried and turned away but was stopped again, "Tie y'all's shoes, please." Mr.Morales told all three of us and we looked down at our shoes to see they were untied.