Chapter Four: Pleasurable Punishment

Yoo Joonghyuk sits in the library silently, staring at the little dreamer who has immersed himself in reading. The protagonist wants to ask what the other wanted to talk about but he doesn't want to look eager, the dreamer steals a glance at the protagonist who has impatience written all over his face and it almost makes Kim Dokja snort, the 1864th turn Joonghyuk is so whipped for the 1864th Kim Dokja and the dreamer is glad, really. He is glad that he isn't the only one being showered with love while his other self out there rots in misery all alone. 

"...You know... you didn't need to decorate his neck in hickeys, no one will steal him." Little Dokja clears his throat and says all of a sudden which makes Joonghyuk raise an eyebrow, trying to understand what the other is saying and when he does he ends up looking at him with a... constipated look, his eyes widen and ears turn red and he coughs awkwardly.

"Anyways.... Is he okay now?" The dreamer shuts the book he's reading and asks as if they weren't just talking about his other self being ravaged by this beast. The dreamer looks genuinely worried and he is, both for his other self's body and well being. Joonghyuk purses his lips and nods in reply. There's a sort of tension in the room all of a sudden and Joonghyuk can't stand the stifling silence.

"You are worried." He says, it isn't a question but the other nods anyway, Dokja knows Joonghyuk is serious and he is too. There is a pause for a while but then a voice is heard again.

"I didn't want to come here." Joonghyuk confesses all of a sudden.

"Why?" Dokja asks, his gaze partially filled with curiosity. He sits up straight, making sure the other knows he's listening attentively. 

"A petty reason. I didn't want him to meet the Plotter..." Joonghyuk says, eyes focused on the table rather than the other's face, "And I didnt want him to meet you, I wasn't sure if you are still scared of him and-"

"You didn't want either of us to be uncomfortable." Dokja finishes his sentence, Joonghyuk nods in agreement and the dreamer gives him a small smile.

"I... I admit I was scared when he tried to attack me all of a sudden but he had every right..." His voice wavers, "I mean I understand... He didn't even need to apologize yet he did when it should have been me, I should have been the one to apologize, I should have dreamed for a happy life yet I only made the other's life harder." He frowns, brows knitted as he clears his throat. "I can't believe... I still can't believe you all forgave me, I wonder if its because I was once the most an-"

"No." Joonghyuk cuts him off this time, "It's because you are Kim Dokja."

"I am not even the Dokja who fought with you in those scenarios..." Dokja huffs and Joonghyuk smiles gently, "But you are the one who made it possible for me to meet him." His voice is filled with fondness and Dokja smiles this time.

"I am glad... He finally got out of the subway." Dokja gulps, eyes stinging when he thinks about it, he wasn't even aware when he was in the subway but the other him was, hell, he even had companions yet he had to bear being all alone.

"It's all in the past, everyone is happy now, even the kkomas." He hears Joonghyuk speak and he nods in reply, "Yeah I am glad. I hope you won't be mad... I... Please don't be mad..." He speaks hesitantly.

"I am not. You misunderstood." Joonghyuk shakes his head and the dreamer sighs in relief.

"Did you think I'd be hard on him?" Joonghyuk asks cautiously, "Do you think I resemble someone who brings him trauma?" He doesn't want to say who but he knows the other understands, little Dokja gasps and shakes his head violently. "No! I swear it's not that!" He exclaims and stares at the protagonist as if he has said something unbelievable.

"Will Kim Dokja ever tell me?" Joonghyuk says all of a sudden and the dreamer freezes.

"I want him to tell me everything." Joonghyuk says in a low voice, Kim Dokja knows him so well yet he doesn't and Joonghyuk genuinely wants to know about his reader, everything, every part of him. He doesn't want to hear Dokja's past from anyone else but his own reader.

"...He will." Dokja nods, a sad smile on his beautiful face.

"Aren't they taking too long?" Joonghyuk says all of sudden and clicks his tongue, the dreamer's eyes twitch and he shrugs, "It's only been three minutes." 

Joonghyuk raises an eyebrow at the statement, it feels like over thirty minutes but he doesn't prod further and surprisingly lets it be, opting to hear the other Dokja talk about his beloved reader.