Part 14

**

It's been almost over a month since Jungkook has been under your care. His stitches have been removed, he's able to move around better now, can remember and track all his medication, and can treat the other wounds on his own. Given those, he tells you one evening that he's ready to go back to his own place, insistent that he can take care of himself.

He tells you that he's been making arrangements at the club and the supermarket to take desk jobs for now, until such time that he's closer to being physically 100% capable of doing his previous tasks. His employers agree, just happy that he's okay and can go back to work soon, even if it's also just for minimal hours.

You're a bit hesitant to let him go and you convince yourself it's because you're not so sure yet if he's really able to take care of himself. You tell yourself it's not because you'll miss having him around everyday, not because you're scared that when he walks out of your apartment, it isn't going to be the same between you and him again.

You agree either way, with the look you give him as he exits your apartment a plea not to allow you to lose each other again like before.

**

He told you that he can't live without you. That still plagues your mind, especially after he'd drunkenly called you three weeks after he left, telling you the same thing and rambling that he wants you because you're so good to him, because you treat him so well, because you take care of him.

"Want me for me, Kook, not just for what I can do for you. Because anybody can do that, anybody can be good to you and take care of you. And if I can't do whatever that is anymore, what happens then?"

You were met with silence on the other end until you heard Yoongi in the background telling him to stop drinking and sleep. You were glad he's probably too drunk to remember; you hate yourself enough to even respond to him, knowing that you have Jin.

You two are still good. Quite frankly, you're unsure of what exactly has changed in your relationship since he asked you to give him a chance, except for the hand holding and kissing and briefly meeting his parents during the Ball where they barely even had time to converse with you.

Jin feels the shift in the air but braves through it. He knew what he was getting himself into when he started dating you, aware and understanding of your friendship with Jungkook. That's why it took Jin a while to be serious with you - in a way, he wanted to know what he was up against, wanted to get a feel of what's really going on with you and your best friend. It's also why he suggested Jungkook to stay at your place - Jin had to know.

He meant it when he said he wouldn't come in between you and Jungkook; he knows your history and how neither of you would be where you are now if you hadn't taken care of each other the way you have, the way you continue to. He'd be selfish to deny your need of looking after your best friend; that's what he admired about you, after all - you're caring and compassionate.

He also knows that you would sacrifice your happiness if it means not hurting another person - in this case, him. And Jin wouldn't - couldn't- do that to you; you'd gone through too much to not have that. He cares about you. At the end of the day, what matters to him is your happiness, even if it costs him his own.

**