The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [Student/teacher love story] Ch40

Start from the beginning

The notes flowed through me and onto the keys of the Piano as magnificent sound played through the room. I closed my eyes as my fingers continuously played.

Cole Ford’s POV

I watched her play, left speechless in my spot. Her fingers flowed through the keys as this spectacular sound drowned the room. Her hair surrounded her face as the beauty radiated off of her.

After many minutes of the sound of happiness, she stopped as her eyes drifted to me. I gave her an encouraging smile as she blushed under my gaze.

I watched as the whole class shot up in a cheer. I was amazed at how much skills one girl could behold in such a small build.

‘A-Avery. I would like to see you after class.’ I announced as I dismissed the rest of the class, 5 minutes early.

Avery hesitantly stood up from the stool she was momentarily sitting upon before walking over towards me. She stopped in front of where I was leaning against my desk. I straightened up and looked her in the eyes ‘Ms Blake… that was beautiful. I really must thank Ivy for doing such a swell job with you. You constantly surprise me, you know that?’ I asked with a teasing smile.

She blushed as she looked at the ground ‘Yeah… I owe Ivy a million. A-and thank you. And I guess I constantly surprise myself too… I really am, um, glad Kiren convinced me to do Music this year…’ she finally looked up at me and smiled. I felt as though I could jump out and hug her or more… but I restrained myself until I internally said well… why not?

I went and hugged her. It wasn’t awkward at all as I felt her relax into the hug. Her head was resting against my chest as I felt her slowly inhale and exhale and I could smell the sweet smell of her strawberry shampoo. It must have been a couple of minutes before anyone spoke as we still remained in an embrace. ‘Thank you for everything Cole… I don’t know where I would be without you.’ She whispered as I gripped onto her tighter for a second ‘You are most certainly welcome Avery.’ I whispered back, feeling pleased. So here I was, with a beautiful young girl in my arms who completely adored me… or did she? It didn’t matter… I had told her she was underage and I wouldn’t make my feelings known until she was of legal age… I hoped I could at least.

I heard someone clear their throat from behind us as I automatically stepped back and looked at the unknown presence. ‘Uh… sorry to interrupt Cole and… Avery Blake…’ Kimberly Fletcher announced as she gave Avery a piercing glare as I heard Avery gasp beside me before Kimberly turned her attention towards me ‘Oh… it is quite alright. I was just telling Avery how beautiful her Piano performance was and I was about to advise her to perform in next terms Talent Quest.’ I tried to cover up.

She tried to give me a kind, flirty smile before she spoke ‘Of course… of course. Could I please talk to you privately Cole?’

I hesitated before I replied ‘Uh yeah sure. Avery, I’ll see you tomorrow since you have completed all of your unfinished work. After everybody preforms then I shall give you your mark.’ I said as I looked away from Avery and looked at Kimberly. ‘Yeah, bye, bye sweetie.’ Kimberly said to Avery. She seemed nice, minus the stare at the beginning but I could have easily mistaken it for something other. ‘Sure… bye sir.’ Avery said, ignoring Kimberly and going out of her way not to walk past her. Was there something I was missing? I watcher Avery walk away and I was slightly embarrassed for being caught hugging my underages student.

‘What was that Cole?’ she asked hesitantly as she slowly walked up to me with her girly stride. She stopped right in front of me as her hand went to my chest where she left it there. Her touch was ice cold but I ignored that and the fact that she was touching me as I was used to this behaviour from the opposite sex.

‘I am sorry Kimberly?’ I asked.

She removed her hand from my chest and instead reached up to toy with a piece of my hair. ‘I have a slight problem with Avery in my class… or, more like she has a certain problem with me as she is constantly rude to me and gives me attitude… I do not know how I ever deserved it though… i wish she would like me as I do not enjoy being hated… especially from such a bright girl.’ she said with a concerned frown.

Kimberly Fletcher’s POV

My fingers toyed with a loose strand of his hair. ‘I have a slight problem with Avery in my class… or, more like she has a certain problem with me as she is constantly rude to me and gives me attitude… I do not know how I ever deserved it though… i wish she would like me as I do not enjoy being hated… especially from such a bright girl.’ I said with a fake, concerned frown.

But I felt rejected as he was not responding to my flirting. ‘Ms Blake does not seem to be the rude kind… she may have been in one of her moods… I do not know but it is not like her to treat people badly.’ He said as all I heard was Avery this, Avery that… blah blah blah. Childish right? I didn’t care, in fact I didn’t care about anything which included Avery’s name. That little bitch irritated me and she was going to pay… And I really don’t believe half of the stories she tells everyone about that American kid… they’re all lies if you ask me.

I was getting sick of this conversation as I decided to make a move and I wrapped my arms around his neck and pushed him against a wall and kissed his soft lips. He hesitated before he pushed me off ‘I would like you to leave Kimberly…’ he said as he walked around me and put a hand through his hair before turning back to me with an expressionless face.

‘OK.’ Is all I said as I didn’t want to give the response I wanted to which would have been Why? We’re having so much fun because I wanted him to see me as a nice but sexy person… not a clingy slut.

‘Bye Cole, and I will make sure not to tell anyone what I saw here today nor about my little slip up.’ I said in my sweetest voice before walking out of the door, making sure to leave me butt swaying. He stayed silent though.

This was going to be fun!