The Arbitrary life of Avery Blake [Student/teacher love story]

As i looked past the gashes and scrapes of my dorm room bathroom mirror; barely able to see my pale face, my exotic brownie/red long wavy hair and those green eyes staring back at me. I wondered what will become of my life once i leave Northern Bay Academy?

I was interrupted almost immediately by a sudden knock on my door as i turned on my heels and headed to the door of my lonely dorm room.

'Oh hey there Ms Avery... you ready?' asked Kiren as he stepped around me and walked into my room.

'Kiren! What are you doing here?! It's the girl’s dorm building! Get out, you’re going to get into trouble...' i said as i finished brushing my hair.

'But Av... That barely applies to me, don’t you think?' he said as he pouted his face, knowing it's my weakness.

'Gay or not Kiren... It's still the girl’s dorm.' i said as we both broke out in laughter.

**

15 minutes later, Kiren and I were seated at the tables of the overly busy cafeteria, sipping our Milkshakes, as we whined about our new timetables for the year.

'But Av... just please... for me?' sayed Kiren in his pouty voice.

He continued to try and convince me to swap my Advanced Algebra for his Music 2 class.

'Avery, i don't understand; you’re awesome at music! Why'd you change your mind?'

'Because Kiren... music's a laid back, take it easy class and with my “awesome” skills i could so easily practice outside of school. And hey, the only reason you're taking it is because you think you’re going to get away with laying back and putting your feet on the table and with Mrs Frans's poor quality glasses, i guess you will.' i said with a giggle.

'Hey, that's not true; haven’t you heard? Mrs Frans retired her little sweet old lady backside and we have some new teacher all the way from England... i guess he's gotten sick of all those Pommie accents.'

'Nobody informed me… Please enlighten me, Kiren, with your bitter-sweet knowledge.'

'Yeah, his names, uhh... Mr Ford i think and he's a hell of a strict teacher, but i don’t mind. I need someone to knock some sense into me... especially if it’s a 24 year old teacher with an English accent.' 

'You really do surprise me, you know that Kiren? I haven’t even heard of him and you basically know his whole life story...'

'So... does that mean you changed your mind??'

'Aghh.. What am i going to do with you Kiren? After we finish our Banana Milkshakes; walk with me over to the administration block?'

'Of course!' he said in his try hard sarcastic voice as we quickly finished up and made our way over to AB (administration Block). 

And in that moment, i realised just how cliche this sounded. I could tell, things were about to change. Whether that was a good thing or not, i was unsure.

**

We were waiting ten minutes at the front desk, behind an extremely tall, Bulky guy who (considering i can only see his back) i don’t think I’ve ever seen before.

'Cole, you're a day late; classes begin tomorrow.' said Mrs Frances who happened to be head of administration.

'I'm very sorry Melanie. My plane landed not 3 hours ago... I came as quickly as i could,' said a very appealing but kind of accented voice.

'Alright Cole, make sure you’re prepared. Here are all your papers and timetables and your class room is... C3. Now classes begin at 8:45.'

'Thank you Melanie.' he said politely as he turned and saw the limited space between the three of us as he stepped aside and muttered an apology.

Kiren and i stepped forward as i asked for a transfer.

'Ms Blake, classes commence tomorrow. It will be quiet difficult to transfer now.'

'Please Miss, i would really prefer Music 2 with uh...'

'Mr Ford' Kiren said.

'Alright then Avery, just give me a sec and make sure this doesn’t happen again.' she said as she typed her acrylic nails against the hard plastic of the keyboard.

As Kiren and i walked out of AB, we decided to head to the tables by the grass.

As we sat down a familiar voice reached us.

'Excuse me, you two. Could you please point me to the direction of the teacher's building?'

I looked up and met his beautiful brown eyes. I looked him over and nearly drooled over his chocolate brown hair that ran just below his ears. He also had high cheekbones which made his face come together evenly to form a very attractive manly face.

'... then you round the corner and take a short left and you're there.' concluded Kiren with a flirty smile.

'Thank you ...'

'Kiren, and this is Avery.' said Kiren as he introduced us.

'Well then thank you... Kiren and Avery.' he said as he followed Kiren's instructions.

'Well that was pleasant... you could at least try and hide your staring gaze you know... it was so very obvious.' Kiren said, snapping me out of the direction "Cole" had left.

'Wait, what?' i said

'Never mind Ms Avery, come on let’s go; it’s starting to get late...'

And with that, Kiren and I said our goodbyes as we headed in different directions.