Chapter 15

PLEASE VOTE!

🩵🩵🩵🩵

𝕴 𝖋𝖊𝖑𝖙 𝖘𝖚𝖓 on my face and I was soaking wet when I woke up. There was an arm around my waist and I spat water out of my mouth and coughed.

"Harry?" I asked, trying to look at him. The sun was blinding and I squinted.

"Yeah, it's alright." He said, struggling to keep the three of us afloat.

"I can swim on my own now." I said and his arm disappeared from his waist. The mermaids were up around us. "Oh good, you brought her up too."

"Help me with her, will you? I don't think she can swim well." Harry said. We put the little girl between the two of us and swam back to the bank where the judges stood watching. The mermaids were singing a horribly screechy song, swimming around us like we were some sort of royal procession.

I looked up into the crowd. Professor McGonagall was clutching the railing tightly, Professor Dumbledore was smiling, Professor Snape looked tense, and I looked away from him quickly. Uncle Moody looked grumpy, leaning on his staff. The way he always did, I guess.

I stumbled up onto the banks, my legs hadn't been working for about 18 hours and helped the girl to the banks as well. Madam Maxime had been restraining Fleur who was fighting hysterically to get back into the lake for her little sister.

"Gabrielle! Gabrielle! Is she alive? Is she 'hurt?" She was screaming.

"She's fine." I muttered.

Madame Maxime let her go, now that we were out of the water and Fleur raced over and hugged Gabrielle fiercely. "It was ze grindylows. . . zey attacked me. . . oh, Gabrielle, I thought. . . I thought. . ."

"Come here, you." Madam Pomfrey said, wrapping a thick blanket around Harry's shoulders and forcing potion down his throat. I went to walk away, preferably up to the castle but Madam Pomfrey caught me and wrapped a towel around me as well. She forced the hot potion down my throat and I coughed when it went down. The towel was nice and warm though.

"Harry, well done! You did it! You found out how all by yourself!" Hermione said, delighted.

"Well. . . yeah that's right." Harry said. I noticed that Karkaroff was looking our way. I turned my back on him.

"You haff a water beetle in your hair, Herm-own-ninny."

Hermione brushed the water beetle away and said, "You're well outside the time limit, though, Harry. . . Did it take you ages to find us?"

"No. . . I found you okay. . ." Harry muttered. I patted his arm reassuringly. I still felt uncomfortable though. Why me? Why not Ron? All the things I'd originally foreseen- Fleur kissing Ron's cheek, Percy running out to rescue Ron. . . those things were gone now. Or perhaps they were never going to have happened in the first place.

I decided it was officially time to stop relying on my visions. They were screwing me up and I was worrying over them. Enough was enough. I wasn't going to look at them anymore, I wasn't going to react to them anymore. I was done.

Madam Pomfrey was trying to clean Fleur's cuts on her face and arms but Fleur wouldn't let her. Instead she said, "Look after Gabrielle." Fleur then turned to Harry and said, "You saved 'er, even though she was not your 'ostage."

"Yeah." Harry said.

Fleur bent down, kissed Harry twice on each cheek and then turned to me. "And you too- you 'elped."

"Er- sure." I said and she pulled me into a surprising hug. Well, at least she hadn't tried to kiss me.

"Ladies and gentlemen ,we have reached out decision. Merchieftainess Murcus has told us exactly what happened at the bottom of the lake, and we have therefore decided to award marks out of fifty for each of the champions, as follows. .. Fleur Delacour, though she demonstrated excellent use of the Bubble-head Charm, was attacked by grindylows as she approached her goal, and failed to retriever her hostage. We award her twenty-five points."