Chapter 8

PLEASE VOTE!

🩵🩵🩵🩵

𝕴𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖕𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌 harder than ever as I lugged my trunk and Sadie out of the train. I covered Sadie's cage the best that I could.

"Hi, Hagrid!" Harry called over the crashing thunder and somehow, Hagrid managed to hear him.

"All righ', Harry? See yeh at the feast if we don' drown!" Hagrid yelled back and gave us all a gigantic wave.

I climbed into the first horseless carriage that I saw and found myself in a carriage with Susan Bones, Ernie Macmillian, and Hannah Abbott.

"Hi Elizabeth." Susan said with a smile.

"Hey Susan." I said, setting my trunk down and putting Sadie on top of it. "How was your summer?"

"Pretty good. Did you go to the World Cup?" she asked and then asked, "Since when do you wear glasses?"

"Yeah, it was amazing. Did you go? I've worn glasses since I was born."

She shook her head, "Quidditch isn't really my thing."

"Did you see the Death Eaters?" Hannah asked with large eyes.

I nodded. "I'm just lucky our tent wasn't burned. What about you Ernie?"

"We were okay." Ernie said, pushing his classes up on his nose. "We didn't really hear about the commotion till most of it was over. We'd gone to bed after the cup. We'd been cheering on Bulgaria so we didn't really have a reason to celebrate."

I nodded, "Yeah, you were farther into the campsite. We were near the beginning so we saw the start of it. Mr. Weasley sent us all in the forest. We were right by the person who cast the Dark Mark too."

The other three gasped. "Did you see who it was?" Susan asked in excitement.

I shook my head in disappointment. "No. We only heard his voice. It was a deep male voice, but that doesn't help any." I didn't mention Harry's wand or Winky or Barty Crouch's secret.

The rest of the carriage ride was spent in speculation about the wild possibilities of the identity of the man. I wondered what Barty Crouch knew about him and who he was to Crouch. His son? A brother? A father? A friend? But it was probably a relative or he wouldn't be protecting him so hard.

When the carriage rolled to the stop, I was out first, and I ran up the stairs as fast as was possible. I wrung my hair out when I got inside. Using my wand, I pointed it at my robes like a heater, waiting for Harry, Ron, and Hermione to come up. I put my trunk with the others and let Sadie out of her cage. She shook her wings, throwing water off of her, and flew off to the Owlery.

"Blimey." Ron said, coming into the Great Hall and shaking his head like a dog. "if that keeps up the lake's going to overflow. I'm soak- ARRGH!"

Peeves had just dropped a large red water balloon on Ron's head. A second one narrowly missed Hermione, and I dropped as it exploded on the floor, sending water into Ron and Harry's shoes. I dodged a large green one that Peeves had thrown right at my face. I wasn't sure why it mattered- I was already soaking wet.

"PEEVES! Peeves, come down here at ONCE!" Professor McGonagall shouted, running out of the Great Hall. She skidded on the wet floor and grabbed Hermione's throat to stop from falling. I winced theatrically.

"Ouch- sorry Miss Granger-" she apologized.

"That's all right, Professor." Hermione gasped out, massaging her throat.