The Next Day

Author's Note: Chapter 5! For this chapter, I'm going to switch to FIRST PERSON POINT OF VIEW.

Amy's POV

I walk into the precinct feeling nauseous and it wasn't helping that I also had a smashing headache. I wore my typical work clothes, but to help ease my headache, I had my hair down and sunglasses on. I don't remember much of what happened last night. But Helen told me that Jake drove me home and that I had seven drinks. That was really nice of Jake to drive me home, but I hope I didn't do or say anything that was embarrassing in front of him because I have a feeling he'd tease me about it.

As I walked to my desk, I noticed a number of people starring at me, when I turned to look at them, they turned their heads and got back to whatever they were doing.

"Hey teddy-bear hugger" Jake grinned.

My eyes widened, "Oh no I didn't"

"Oh yes you did" Jake replied in a singing voice, "Santiago has a teddy bear, Santiago has a teddy bear"

"Shut up, you have a collection of dolls" I replied smirking.

He straightened his posture, "They're called action figures"

Helen walked in and sat down in the chair next to the my desk.

"What are you guys talking about?" Helen asks.

"Santiago has a teddy bear" Jake points at me.

I say quickly, "Peralta has a collection of dolls"

"I know" Helen responds.

"What? You knew about Mr. Clean?" Amy asks.

"That's the name of your teddy bear?" Jake looks at Amy.

"Yes" Amy says, her face turns bright red.

"I also know about Jake's cabbage patch kid" Helen says.

"Hey! I needed a damsel in distress! Who was action-figure Spider-Man going to save? Clearly not action-figure Superman" Jake made a "duh" face.

Suddenly, Gina walks over, "Hello basic people"

She looked over at me, "Amy I just wanted to tell you that 7-Drink Amy and I are best friends"

I raised my eyebrows, "What?"

"7-Drink Amy insulted people to their faces, no paper trail." Gina took out her phone, started playing Kwazy Cupcakes, and walked back to her desk, almost running into a policr officer.

"I insulted people?!" I covered my face in shame.

"I wouldn't say insulted. I would say that you had no filter" Jake responded.

Suddenly, Hitchcock walks into the precinct with a blonde 60s style wig. But he's wearing it wrong, with the front-part in the back and the back-part in the front.

"You told Hitchcock that he was practically bald" Jake stiffeld a laugh.

"I did that?" I ask.

Boyle walks over, "Yup"

Jake then puts a bag on top of his desk, the bag has a logo that says Brooklyn Bakery. He then took out a bagel with cream cheese. As he grabs the bagel, Boyle's eyes widens and slaps the bagel out of Jake's hand.

"What the heck Boyle?!" Jake picks up his bagel and brushes off I don't know what, "You're lucky I believe in the '5-Second' rule"

"Jake you can't eat that! That bakery is rated a three out of twelve in the Bagel chart!" Boyle explains.

"I don't care. I'm hungry" He then attempts to eat his bagel again. This time Boyle takes his bagel, throws it on the ground, steps on it and throws it into the garbage.

Jake glares at him, "You sick, sick son of a-"

But he's cut off by the best bagel he's ever tasted.

"This bagel is from Noah's Bagels. Go ahead, enjoy, blow your mind" Boyle makes an explosion hand gesture.

"This is amazing, Boyle" Jake responds.

"I'm glad you like it" he pauses and responds, "You know what? I'm going to go to Noah's Bagels and get you some more"

"Sounds good Boyle" Jake says, with a mouth full.

"Eww, close your mouth, that's the grossest thing I've ever seen" I respond.

"That's the grossest thing you've ever seen?" Jake says, in a 'I totally don't believe you' face.

Once Jake is done chewing, I ask him a question, "Jake, what else did I say last night?"

He stiffens a little, but I ignore it, "Well, um.....you said that Boyle was weird, you called Captain Holt your "Rabbi", and-" he pauses.

"And what?" I ask, nervous.

He focused on looking at his hands, "You told me that you like me"

"Oh" is all I manage to say. Well, I do kind of have feelings for him, but he doesn't like me back.

I say the first thing that comes to mind, "Of course I like you, Jake! As a friend, that's what I meant by that"

He smiles, but the smile looks a little off, "Pfft, yeah, I know. I mean you and I-. We think of each other as friends and colleagues"

"Yeah, totally" I respond, nodding.

We start typing on our keyboards.

"You and Iiking each other" I say.

"Crazy right?" Jake responds.

But I knew that I couldn't deny my feelings for Jake Peralta.

Author's Note: Okay, 5th chapter is done! Until next time... #Peraltiago