The Santiago Cousin

Author's Note: I'm so excited to write a "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" fanfiction! Hope you guys enjoy it!

Jake Third Person POV (Point of View)

Okay, maybe Boyle was right. Maybe Jake does have a teensy tiny crush on Amy Santiago. But he'll never say it to her face, she probably doesn't like him back.

"Earth to Jake, earth to Jake" Amy waves her hand in front of his face.

"What?" Jake says looking at her.

"You alright?" Amy replies.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why wouldn't I be?" Jake asks, but he could tell that his voice went kind of high on the last part.

"You're acting kind of weird, you haven't insulted me since today in the morning" Amy says.

She was right, he hadn't insulted her since this morning. "Um, well, um..."

Suddenly Amy's phone rings, she presses the answer button on her phone and says, "Hello?"

"What?Now? But I'm at work" Amy pauses, "Fine". She then hangs up.

"Wow, you have a dinosaur phone!" Jake says.

Amy rolls her eyes and thinks, Same old Jake.

"So, who was that?" Jake asks.

"My mom, she says that my cousin is going to walk into the precinct any minute" Amy says.

Amy's Third Person (Point of View)

"Hello is Amy Santiago here?" Amy's cousin says. Her name is Helen, she's 16 years old and lives in New York City. She wants to be a detective, like Amy, when she's older. She's Amy's favorite cousin.

"Helen!" Amy exclaims.

Helen drops her bags and gives Amy a hug. After a few seconds they let go.

"How you've been? How's New York City?" Amy asks.

"I've been good and even better now that I get to spend my summer interning here!" Helen says.

"Really? That's awesome!" Amy says.

Helen looks behind Amy and sees a detective, "Who's this?" She gestures towards Jake.

"This is my partner, Detective Jake Peralta" Amy responds.

"Oh! He's the guy you lost the bet to right? You guys went on the worst date ever. Well, actually, from what I heard, it wasn't a bad dat-" Helen was cut off by Amy saying, "Okay, well we should get back to work."

"No, wait I wanna hear what Helen had to say, you were saying Helen?" Jake smirks.

Amy walks behind Jake and shakes her head signaling: Don't tell him.

"Oh it was nothing important" Helen says, trying her best not to say anything.

"Helen, why don't I show you the break room?" Amy says.

Jake watches as Helen and Amy awkwardly enter the break room.

"I don't get it" Helen says, she takes a dollar out of her pocket and puts the dollar in the vending machine, waiting for the POP-TARTS to leave the machine.

"What?" Amy asks, she sits on a chair.

"You and Jake clearly like each other. You guys should go on a real date" Helen says, opening the wrapper of the POP-TARTS.

"I don't like Jake. And he doesn't like me." Amy responds a little too quickly.

"First of all, Jake does like you. You can tell by the way he looks at you. Second of all, don't lie to me. I know you like him. You always talk about him." Helen says biting her pop tart,

"Yeah, I'm always complaining about him" Amy replies defensively, she quickly tries to remember all the times she talked about Jake.

"You day dreamin' about your future husband?" Helen chuckles a bit.

"No" Amy responds.

"Look you know me. You know that I have a super power. I can tell when two people are meant to be together" Helen says, nodding her head, agreeing with herself.

She was kind of right. Although Helen has never really been in a relationship, she gives the best relationship advice and most of the time, she always figures out who's going to end up with who. She thanks telenovelas (soap operas)for her "super power".

"Trust me. Peralta and I are not meant to be" Amy says after a while.

Helen puts her hands up in the air and sighs, "Okay. If you say so". Helen throws away her POP-TARTS wrapper and leaves the breakroom.

Amy stayed in the breakroom thinking about what Helen said. Me and Peralta. No way.

Amy stands up and leaves the breakroom, shaking her head, continuing to think about what her cousin said.

Author's Note: Soooooo, how was it? Comment and tell me what you thought about the chapter. #Peraltiago