7-Drink Amy Part 1

Author's Note: Chapter 3 begins.....now

Helen's 3rd person POV

This is exciting, Helen thought. She got to see an actual case briefing! Although she had to sit in the back and she probably wouldn't be able to share her thoughts about the case, she was still happy to be there.

"Alright everybody, take a seat" Sergeant Jeffords, or Terry (he insisted the interns called him that), said.

"What's the situation today Sarge? Kidnapping? Armed robbery? Murder?" Peralta said, excitedly.

"Identity theft" Terry replies.

"Ha! I won! Pay up Peralta!" Diaz says.

Jake glares at Diaz and hands her a twenty dollar bill. He mutters, "Lucky guess".

"For the past two weeks, somebody or some people have been stealing thousands of dollars from rich families all over Brooklyn, these families have no connection at all, except that they use the same cleaning staff-" Terry explained.

"Did you say cleaning staff?" Amy asks.

"Yes, they have the same maids/butlers" Terry confirmed.

"There it is" Helen says, she meant to whisper her comment, but it came out louder than she thought it would.

"Do you have somthing you want to share with us, Ms. Guerrera?" Captain Holt asked.

Helen nervously stands up and asks, "May I?"

Seargent Jeffords and Captain Holt step to the side as Helen walks to the front of the room, she clears her throat nervously and looks over to the pin board that's right next to her. She points to the picture of the cleaning service logo.

"What if the people who stole their identities were their maids/butlers?" Helen questions.

"Can you elaborate on your theory?" Boyle asks.

"Well, every day these people come in and clean their houses. They have a significant amount of time to snoop through their things, for example looking through their mail. In fact, sometimes the only people in the houses are the cleaning staff. They've known the families long enough to learn their birthdays and other important facts about their lives" Helen says, she waits nervously for someone to comment on her theory.

After what seems like forever, Terry smiles and says, "Nice work, detective"

Captain Holt nods his head, "Interesting theory, I hadn't thought about that before. Detectives Boyle and Diaz, get me the bank statements of all the maids and/or butlers who work for the families" he pauses, "Dismissed"

As the detectives and police officers were leaving the room, they would congratulate Helen. Helen beamed with pride.

It turns out that Helen was right, the person in-charge of the cleaning service was also an infamous identity theft. They arrested him late in the afternoon.

"Good job everyone and thank you Helen!" Jake said, "Alright guys drinks are on me!"

Everyone cheered when he said that, except for Andy, Joe, and Helen. However, they weren't sad that they weren't allowed to go, since the detectives were going to a bar, they were actually happy. They were so tired that all they wanted to do was sleep, except Helen, she was going to stay up to watch Clueless on Netflix.

"Okay" Amy said while fishing in her purse for her extra set of apartment keys, since Helen would be staying with her for the summer, "Here are the keys, apartment 3-C. I'm going to go too so I can change into something more comfortable."