Chit-Chat

Author's Note: The second chapter ladies and gentlemen, enjoy!

Helen's 3rd POV

"May I have everyone's attention please" a tall African-American man said, he seemed very serious and everyone immediately turned to look at him.

"If I call your name, please step forward," he paused, "Andy Williams, Helen Guerrera, and Joe Mikaelson."

Helen stopped drinking her water and walked up to were Andy and Joe were standing. The man spoke again, "My name is Captain Raymond Holt, and on behalf of the entire 99 precinct, congratulations! You were the lucky three who earned a summer internship here at the 99. You three are the future of law enforcement."

Captain Holt said this in the same monotone voice, "Now, each of you will be assigned to a pair of detectives," Captain Holt looks down at his paper, "Andy Williams you will be working with Detectives Rosa Diaz and Charles Boyle."

Andy nodded his head and walked over to Detectives Diaz and Boyle, were he was greeted with a high-five from Detective Boyle.

"Helen Guerrera" Helen stood up straighter, "You will be working with Detectives Jake Peralta and Amy Santiago." Helen smiled and walked over to their desk. Captain Holt continued, "Finally, Joe Mikaelson, you will be working with Detectives Scully and Hitchcock".

Detective Scully stood up, it looked like he had been eating a sandwich, "What happened? What's going on? Wait! Did Detective Hitchcock die?! Oh no! Can my new partner be Jake?"

Jake looked at him with eyebrows raised. Detective Hitchcock stepped forward, "I'm right here, Scully"

"Oh, I was kidding about the Jake thing" Scully said, awkwardly.

Captain Holt sighed, "We're assinging the interns to pairs of detectives. Joe Mikaelson will be with you two."

"Okay Captain" Scully said. Joe sighed and walked over to Scully and Hitchcock.

"Okay then, looks like everything is in order. Dismissed" Captain Holt said as he walked back into his office, a woman with brownish-reddish hair, who Helen remembered is named Gina, follows him into his office.

Helen turns to Jake and Amy and smiles, "I'm so excited guys!"

"So are we. Welcome to Team Peraltiago!" Jake says.

Amy gives him a questioning look, "Team Peraltiago?"

"Well would you rather have Team Jamy?" Jake asks. Amy rolls her eyes and grabs her purse.

"I'm going to go get us some lunch. What do you want to eat Helen?" Amy questions.

Helen responds, "Anything"

"Oh! I want-" Jake starts, but Amy interrupts, "You want two display temperature slices of Tony's Meat Supreme pizza".

Jake looks at her surprised, "That's exactly what I wanted."

Amy nods, "I know". She then walks into the elevator.

Helen notices that Jake is still looking at the elevator doors smiling.

Jake remembers that Helen is still there and clears his throat, "So, Helen, tell me about yourself."

"Well, as you know, I'm Amy's cousin. I was born in Brooklyn and lived here until a couple of months ago, when my dad was offered a job in New York City. I want to become a detective when I'm older. If that doesn't work out, then my back-up job is to be a relationship counselor. Oh! And I watch too much tv", Helen takes a breath.

Jake looks at her wide-eyed, "How much TV do you watch?"

"I have shows on cable, Netflix, and HuluPlus" Helen says, "Okay, your turn."

"Well, I'm into action figures, I was born and raised here in Brooklyn, my dad left my family when I was just a toddler. I love my job, I'm the best detective, and I love solving puzzles. And I also like-" Jake says, but is interrupted by Helen.

"You like Amy" Helen finishes.

"Not what I was going to say" Jake sighs and rubs his eyes, "How did you know? Did Boyle tell you? He can never keep a secret."

"Nobody told me anything" Helen says, "You were so eager to find out what Amy said about your date, I just put two-and-two together and figured it out."

I hope she doesn't tell her, Jake thought, but would it be bad if Amy found out?

"Don't worry I won't tell her" Helen says.

Jake sighs in relief. "But what are you so worried about?" Helen asks.

"It's just, even asking her out would make things awkward between us. I don't want to ruin our partnership or our friendship", Jake responds, "Plus she only thinks of me in like friend-way."

"You never know until you try" Helen says.

Helen and Jake hear the elevator doors ding, they turn to find Amy holding containers of food. Jake stands up and helps Amy with the bags. As they set the bags down on the table, Helen grabs her food and finds an available computer, she logs onto Netflix and starts watching the telenovela, Lo Que la Vida Me Robo (What Life Stole from Me).

"What did you guys do while I was gone?" Amy asks.

Jake responds, "Oh nothing much, we just chit-chatted a little bit, got to know each other a little better." He grabs a slice of pizza and takes a huge bite.

Amy nods her head and grabs a container of chinese food.

Author's Note: Second Chapter done: check. A little bit longer than the previous chapter. Comment and tell me what you thought. #Peraltiago