42.0 ✿ i wished for us

Start from the beginning

"Good night, sweetheart! Papa and mumma love you both endlessly," he caressed her hair one last time before quitting the room leaving her alone to hug her yellow pup plushie tucking his tongue out.

Making not much of noise, he slowly opened the bigger bedroom door where was laid an upset wifey, as he sighed at her uneven breathing. Knowing oh-so-well she was still awake.

Zoya was almost about to drown into slumber when she felt the bed dipping on the other side and, as she tried to ignore it—keyword 'tried',—a hand wrapping her waist had her conscious.

"Love, you awake? Sorry!" she yelled at herself not to melt at the effect of his whisper but a mere kiss behind her ear broke all her efforts.

She released a deep sigh and relaxed herself in his arm as, grinning at her antics, he welcomed her wholeheartedly while moving it around her glowing pregnant tummy.

"Zoya is sowy too," she mumbled in a small voice although he was able to hear it, making him chuckle. "I guess the baby got so overprotective of their mumma, and I got too hyper..."

"Well, papa will always welcome both baby and their mumma's tantrums anytime. But still, I will accept your gesture of apology," and, saying so, he pulled away so as to drop a lasting kiss on her covered bump before moving back to his earlier position and pecking her cheek.

She giggled at the act and pushed herself further into his embrace, while pulling his arm closer around her frame as she shut her eyes to sleep. "Good night, Aditya!"

Giving her a last look of love as he wished her the same, he relaxed his head just behind hers on the pillow ready to fall asleep when he heard her.

"Aditya?" he lazily hummed in response. "Aditya, wake up!"

"Aditya! Aditya!" she whisper yelled as she softly tapped his arm.

"What, baby? Let me slee—" he sounded drowsy and she felt so bad to be disturbing him during his peaceful slumber but, since she had decided not to miss this chance, she was strong in her attempt not to let him go.

"Aditya! It's me, Zoya..." she tried, hoping it would work. "Haan toh—who else w...would you be?"

"Uh?" Is he talking in his dream? "Ya Allah, why did I have to fall for this sleepyhead?"

Huffing at her failed attempt, she stood on her knees staring down at the sleeping beauty and, arching a brow, she thought what else to do. Until an idea came up in her mind.

Am I that bold enough to take advantage of his unconsciousness?

She bit her lower lip debating whether to go for it or not and, within a couple of minutes, she just dropped her innocent self away and decided to get blunt.

Aditya was grinning in his sleep while dreaming of his closeness with his apparent wife as he kissed the back of her head before he slowly opened his eyes, so as to fall face to face on the lady, eyes closed and standing just at an inch distance from him.

Still in the oblivion of reality, he looked at her in nothing but adoration. "Zoya..."

Meanwhile, his sudden conscious state shocked the young woman as her eyes opened wide, jerking back to a safer distance. "I—I... didn't mean..."

Frowning first at her reaction, he slowly realized the situation and joined her in a sitting position, looking around himself for self-confirmation.

"Zoya, you here—" he raised to her with a wide and excited grin when she held a finger before her lips ordering him to be quieter. "What—I mean how long have you been here? And how did you even get in? I didn't hear anything..."