Toto mumbled a bit. "What?" I asked him

"Or we can just tell the press that we are together." Toto said and I didn't know what to say, no I did know.

"We talked about this, I don't want people to think I simply got this job because we fuck." I was a little mad but regretted my words as soon as I yelled them at him. "I mean..-"

"Oh it's just that? Since when exactly? And you know what Romée? Fuck what people think! I don't want to leave the house separately, I don't want to freak out every time there is someone with a camera." Toto said and let go of my hand to put the car into park, we arrived at the airport. "I love you, and I understand that you feel like people would think all of those things, but that won't be any different in twenty years." He turned to me and grabbed both my hands. "Please Romée, think about it. If you don't feel comfortable being my assistant and my partner, I can give you another job on the team."

"I don't want another job, I love this job and I love you. Maybe we should tell the team first, making some of them lose and win a bet." I joked and kissed him before leaving the car. We grabbed our luggage and handed them off. "And if it becomes a problem with my job, I'll apply at Red Bull, no problem." I joked with a serious tone and looked up at Toto who had the steam coming out of his ears.

"Watch you mouth, little one." He growled and flexed his hand but didn't do anything because we were at an airport obviously. We went through security and boarded the plane. It was a long flight so the beds were already made. There was no flight attendant on board so that gave us a little privacy. We met with the pilot and the co pilot before getting ready for take off. "We should tell the team in our first meeting." Toto said and I hummed in agreement. "Still up to it?"

I turned to him and kissed his neck. "Yes daddy."

Toto laughed and tipped my chin with his finger. "Let's not tell the team you call me daddy when I fuck you." He said and I failed to hide the full body shiver. "I hate we agreed on being professional at work." He growled and I laughed

"We covered that fact multiple times." I laughed and settled in against his side and closed my eyes.

——

When I woke up, I was laying in the bed. Toto must have carried me. He was sitting in the same spot as before, staring out the window. "You see something?" I ask him and he turned around, smiling at me.

"Just thinking." He whispered and held out his hand. "I am nervous too, you know? It could reflect badly on my as well, but I don't care." He said and I took ahold of his hand.

"Yes I know, I am sorry for not thinking about that." I said and brushed the top of his hand with my thumb.

"That is fine, schatzi. I am just happy now that we are going to tell. So I can hold your hand in the paddock." Toto kissed my knuckles and I closed my eyes again.

When we landed, we quickly went to the dolphins stadium where the motor homes where stationed. I set up Toto's office and went through the agenda with him. It was around lunch time when Toto started to pace around his office and the paddock. Angela came up to me and frowned. "What is up with the boss? He is never like this." She asked and I smiled at her.

"Is he never nervous?" I chuckled and Angela shook her head.

"He never shows it, not like this." She said. "Is it about the team meeting you scheduled later?"

I felt a slight ping of nervousness myself. "Maybe, I'll go see if he is okay, see you in a few minutes." I patted Angela's shoulder and walked towards Toto, his hair stood up straight in the air. Probably because his hand went through it multiple times.

His eyes flew right open when he saw me, panic like I have never seen before. "Toto, what is wrong? You are acting a bit strange and people are noticing." I said and he took a deep breath in.

"I have never been more nervous about anything in my life, maybe that sounds strange to you but I am just..."

I looked around and grabbed both his hands. "I am nervous as well, we should go to the team now, let it out."

Toto nodded and walked after me towards the motor home. George and Lewis were chatting with Angela and Dan and Bono was messing with James. The room went quiet when Toto closed the door behind us and all the eyes were on us. My heart was beating fast and it was hot in there all of the sudden.

Toto cleared his throat and looked around. "Thank you or coming here to this last minute team meeting. There is nothing wrong or something like that, but I do have something to tell you." Toto looked at me and took hold of my right hand. "We have something to tell you. Romée and I are in a relationship."

The room filled with people was all too quiet. Lewis and Angela were smiling and I guess the bet they had was now true after all. But back then, I panicked and didn't want people to think that, and now I do want them to know.

"I guess, uhm, it's a little unorthodox because Romée works for the team and for me but there is no conflict of interest. We understand that the media will give us a hard time because of that but we are willing to fight for what we want." Toto squeezed my hand and I smiled at him.

"If this makes any of you uncomfortable, I am sorry but you can't choose who you love, you can only choose to fight for them." I said and Lewis walked up to us and hugged us.

"You are two of the kindest people I know, and you most definitely deserve it." Lewis said

"Thank you, Lewis." I smiled and Toto nodded at him.

George walked up to us and like the little awkward showman he was, he spoke to the team. "Of course we don't mind, don't we team? We are happy for the two of you, and it explains a lot." George smiled and gave us both a hug.

Bono and James and James smiled at each other and money was passed over again, but this time I laughed instead of freak out.

"Alright, enough about us, let's focus on the race weekend now guys." Toto said and left the room with our hands still connected. I followed him outside before letting go if his hand, waiting for hr to make the media statement before holding hands in public. Since it was Wednesday, there was only work for the mechanics at the track. The media day tomorrow was packed with activities, so we decided it would be okay to go to the beach. George and Lewis joined us for lunch before heading off to their own responsibilities. Toto and I decided it would be better for us to get back to the hotel before we got to much attention.

We enjoyed the sun on the balcony of the hotel with a bottle of Verdejo and talked about simple things. Later that that we ordered dinner to the room and cuddled up on the bed before going to bed early.