Italy - Pre Race Weekend

Buongiorno Italia. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping and the wine was dripping into our glass. It was a two hour flight so it was eight in the morning when we landed. But we arrived at the hotel around nine and we had to start our tiny vacation with a glass of wine from the region. The employees were indeed busy with preparing the hotel for the Grand Prix weekend. We got assigned a personal butler and a beautiful room away from all the hard working personnel so we wouldn't be in their way.

The room had a beautiful view over multiple vineyards surrounding the hotel. It was already twenty three degrees celsius and so we sat outside on our terrace.

"I hope you like it, it's a Pinot Grigio." Toto poured me a glass and I took a small sip. It tasted amazing.

"Fill me up." I smiled and he shook his head and smiled back at me. The sun highlighted his face beautifully and I had to take another picture. We toasted and he sat down next to me on the bench.

Toto kissed the side of my face. "I have a little trip planned for us this afternoon, if you are up for it." He said and I looked at him surprised.

"Yes, what are we going to do?" I asked and he smiled.

"I am going to keep that to myself for now, but you have to bring your swimsuit." He said and I rolled my eyes, but very much exited for our trip.

I went inside the room for a bit to get ready and got a text from Lewis, wishing me a good time off before the race weekend. I texted him back with the same wish and got another text but from Dan.

'Hey Romée, I wondered if you're in Italy already? If so, would you join me and some people from the team for drinks tonight?'

What do I say?

"Toto, are we here or are we not here?" I asked him and he looked at me with a quizzical look. "Is it a secret that we are in Italy already?"

"No, I guess we have to be transparent about that. We can't risk of getting caught in a lie." He said and I nodded, grabbing my phone

'Hey Dan, how sweet of you to ask me. And yes I am in Italy but I already have plans today. Maybe later this week?'

'Ah, too bad, but I will hold you to that. Enjoy!'

'Thanks, you too!'

-------

After getting ready, packing some clothing, towels and nagging at Toto about where we are going, we finally left.

Toto had rented a car and drove us through the beautiful roads between the vineyards and small towns, to the Ravenna yacht club. The most gorgeous yachts and boats were laying in the water and Toto parked in front of a beautiful boat with a sun deck. I squealed in excitement and clapped in my hands before getting out of the car. Toto was looking at me with a smile on his face and with a deep and satisfactory sigh, he locked the car and stepped onto the boat before lending me a hand.

The boat was navy blue with beige seats and pillows and the sides were outlined with thick rope. There was a small door that led to the small kitchenette with a fridge, a couch and a toilet. Toto filled it up with wine, water and snacks. I was wearing a bikini with a matching kaftan and the pair of sunnies that Toto gave me. Toto was wearing a blue shirt with a pair of pink swim shorts, and he looked good. But, when does he not.

"Do you like it?"

"I love it!, I love being on the water. Thank you." I kissed him and he kissed me back. I sat down on one of the seats and watched him manoeuvre us out of the marina. The sun was getting more intense so I grabbed my sun screen out of my bag and grabbed Toto's as well. He took off his shirt a few minutes ago, since there is a little to no wind, it is very hot.