London

"Romée, wake up, we are going to land."

The back of Toto's hand brushed against my knee that was no longer pressed against his. I opened my eyes and looked directly into his. He was wearing his glasses and my my, did he look amazing with them. He smiled at me before turning his head away. I stretched my arms into the air, cracking my back and sat back into the seat. It was sunny like the forecast said it would be and the view from the plane window was amazing. The landing went smoothly and we taxied to the gate rather quickly.

"Let's wait until the plane is empty, I hate to be the first one to stand up when the crew isn't even ready." Toto said softly
"And it has nothing to do with the fact you don't want to stand around with a bunch of people?" I laughed and he chuckled
"Maybe, maybe not."

So we waited. Toto was on his phone and I just watched all of the people leaving the plane and staring at us. Some people took pictures but I guess that comes with the job. If I get the job that is.. I grabbed my own phone from my jacket and switched off airplane mode and texted a message in the family group chat.

Pierce Gang

'All save! We just landed and are waiting for the doors to open. I'll text when I am at the hostel. xx'

"Are you ready?" Toto was standing, his tall body made him bump his head on the ceiling of the plane and I laughed
"I have been ready for ten minutes." I laughed harder when he raised his eyebrow at me
"Let's go miss Pierce, it is time for you to sightsee." Toto shook his head and smiled

I got up from the seat and walked after him, he was holding both our hand luggage pieces. What a gentleman right?

"Where are you staying Romée?" Toto slowed down his pace after hearing me run after him again
"The rose and crown or something, it's an hour with a cab." I said, kind of embarrassed by it
"How long do you have to travel to Brackley tomorrow?"
"I believe it is one and an half hour with a cab." It sucks to be honest, but I am also going to have a tiny holiday here so I wanted to stay in London. Toto shook his head and held his phone to his ear and walked away. I kind of panicked but he returned pretty fast.

"One of our employees lives in Soho, he will pick you up and bring you to Brackley tomorrow morning." Toto placed his phone into his pants and grabbed my suitcase again and walked towards the conveyorbelt. What just happened? I quickly run after him through the door and smile at him nervously.
"Toto, that is very sweet, but completely unnecessary."

"Romée, you are not taking an expensive as shit cab to the interview. He will be at your hotel around eleven in the morning and I will see you after lunch in my office. Now, I had fun this morning, thank you for accompanying me and making me laugh. I have to hurry, don't worry about the interview, just be yourself." He placed his hand on my shoulder and silently asked permission to hug me, I smiled at him and wrapped my arms around his neck "Thank you, Toto." I whisper and let him go.

He winked at me and handed me my hand luggage before grabbing his checked-in luggage from the belt and took long strides towards the parking lot. I was looking for my own suitcase now and when I looked up, I was in direct eye contact with a camera... Great. I luckily see my suitcase on the belt and quickly grabbed it before leaving the airport. I grabbed my phone and searched for cab rates and rides towards my hotel. If I take a cab, I will be broke for live or I have to sell my kidney. Public transport it is.

———

The pub in the hotel was cute, but the rooms... they had two giant rooms with nine beds and I thought it would be okay for that short period of time. I hate it already but a nice hotel in the middle of London costs more than two hundred pounds a night, and I am not crazy.