Chapter 29

Al was waiting impatiently inside the elevator for it to reach the bottom of the apartment and he sighed " Come on. Come on. Come on." He was unaware of Slinky dangling above his green case behind him, his back end being held by Buzz & the other toys.

Rex ran over to Utility Belt Buzz as Zurg adjusted his ion blaster to the highest level while he paid no attention to the toy dinosaur and Rex said " Buzz, you could've defeated Zurg all along. You just need to believe in yourself."

The toy dinosaur exclaimed as Zurg aimed his ion blaster towards Utility Belt Buzz and he said " Prepare to die!"

" Aaah! I can't look!" Rex exclaimed but as he turned away, his tail hit Zurg, causing him to fall off the roof of the elevator and down to the bottom below and Zurg started screaming. As soon as Rex realized that he was the one who knocked Zurg off the elevator, he exclaimed " I did it! I finally defeated Zurg!" Utility Belt Buzz looked down and he sadly groaned " Father..."

Slinky flipped up the locks, opened the green case and Woody gestured for Sylvia to be the first to grab his paws and she did so while Woody grabbed her by the waists. Then the bell dinged, indicating that the lift had reached the bottom of the apartment and Al exclaimed " Finally!" As Al moved out of the elevator, Slinky tugged to pull Woody & Sylvia out until Stinky Pete grabbed Woody which made him let go of Sylvia. As soon as the Prospector grabbed Sylvia and tried to pull her back in the case, she glared at him before she kicked him in the nose, causing him to let of her and she sprung back to elevator along with Slinky as he held his nose and he fell back into the case as it shut with Al unaware of what was happening.

Sylvia & Slinky Dog looked at each other a bit disappointed before they along with the other toys dropped down to the floor. Mr. Potato Head stood up and threw his hat like a frisbee to stop the door from closing.

" Good thinking, Mr. Potato Head." Sylvia congratulated him as they ran through the door, but as they got to the edge of the porch, Al drove off to the airport and Rex asked " How are we gonna get him now?" Mr. Potato Head looked to his right and asked " Pizza anyone?" They saw that a pizza truck was nearby and Hamm laughed.

" Go, go, go!" Buzz told the other toys before they started running towards the truck until Buzz heard " I got it!"

Buzz bumped into his doppelgänger and he asked him " Buzz, are you coming?" Sylvia stopped to look behind herself to see Buzz talking to his doppelgänger one last time.

" No, I... I have a lot of catching up to do with my dad." Utility Belt Buzz told the real Buzz before he threw a ball at Zurg who turned out to have survived the fall back at the elevator.

" Good throw, son. That's my boy! Go along, Buzzy." Zurg encouraged before he fired another ball for Utility Belt Buzz to catch and the space toy exclaimed " Oh, you're a great dad! Yippee!" The real Buzz then heard Sylvia call out " Buzz, come on!"

" Farewell." Buzz told his doppelgänger before he caught up with Sylvia on the way to the pizza truck to join the other toys. As soon as they got into the truck, Rex asked " Does anyone know how to drive?" Buzz closed the door and instructed " Slink, you take the pedals, Rex, you navigate. Hamm and Potato, operate the levers & knobs. Sylvia, Boy Blue, Bessie & I will take the wheel."

As Rex hopped up to the widescreen, the toys heard " Oooooooooooh." They looked up to see three alien toys hanging from the front mirror by a string which looked like the aliens from the Pizza Planet restaurant.

" Strangers." The first alien said.

" From the outside." The second alien said.

" Oh, no." Buzz & Sylvia muttered to themselves as they were not happy to see the aliens from Pizza Planet.

" Aren't those..." Boy Blue was about to ask before Buzz & Sylvia both responded in annoyance " Yes!"

" He's at a red light. We can catch him." Rex told Buzz, Sylvia, Boy Blue & Bessie.

" Maximum power, Slink!" Buzz instructed the springy dog as Slinky pushed the pedal and the truck roared but they didn't move. saw that the traffic light turned green & Al drove off and Rex yelled to the other toys " Agh! It turned green! Hurry!"

" We're trying!" Boy Blue reminded.

" Why won't it go?" Buzz questioned.

" Use the Wand of Power." The three aliens instructed before Mr. Potato Head pulled the lever and truck sped off after Al's truck. Rex yelled and Bessie whimpered as the truck zoomed through some cones which resulted in the storage compartment door opening and stuff fell out of it, and landed on Hamm, hitting his head & the piggy bank exclaimed " Ooh! Ow! Oh!"

" Rex. Which way?" Buzz asked the toy dinosaur.

" Left." Buzz, Sylvia, Boy Blue & Bessie turn left until Rex said " No. No. I mean right." The car started going left to right like crazy from Rex saying " That's right. No, I mean left. Left is right." When Rex saw Al turn left, he told them " Guys, he's turning left. He's turning left." Buzz hopped on the steering wheel as he along with Sylvia, Boy Blue & Bessie turned the wheel to get the truck to turn left. The string that held the aliens untied and they started to fall out of the window saying " Oh, oh, boy." Mr. Potato Head leaped up to the window and grabbed the string to hold onto the aliens. Hamm was reading a manual that had fallen out of the storage compartment and said " Oh, I seriously doubt he's gettin' this kind of mileage." 

" Go right. To the right. Right, right, right, right!" Rex worriedly told Buzz, Sylvia and Boy Blue while Bessie held on tight. The truck turned right, helping Mr. Potato Head pull the aliens back inside it and they gave him his ear and said " You have saved our lives. We are eternally grateful."

" Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever." Mr. Potato Head responded. The truck continued chasing Al's car until they reached they reached Tri-County International Airport.