Why are they here?

This is entirely in Akira's POV

~~0~~0~~0~~0~~0~~

I felt multiple presences some distance away from us and they seem to be observing.

"Well? Aren't you going to come out?"

I feel no ill intention from them but I don't know who they are or what they came here to do so it's better to be cautious. My father and the servant's gazes sharpened, ready to fight if needed. Silence filled the forest and then...

"We're here with good will, young miss. We will explain ourselves if you give us a chance."

"Alright, come to the edge of the clearing and walk out slowly." Eight people dressed as ninjas came to our view.

"Explain yourselves. Who are you and why did you step into the Tsukikawa clan's territory?"

"We are part of the intelligence branch of the Shirogane clan, young miss. We were tasked to follow you home and pull back some distance to wait for our superiors. We didn't expect the young miss to discover us  before we even pulled back." Before I could say anything, my father cut me off.

"Shirogane clan? Once known as the most powerful werewolf clan in Japan but has never been heard of again since the disappearance of their mysterious clan head 20 years ago, that clan that seemed to have vanished into thin air. You're part of THAT Shirogane clan?"

"It's not that the Shirogane clan has vanished, we went into hiding as per the order of the elders then. As to why, we would not be able to answer that as we're not privy to such information. We also do not know the reason why we were asked to follow the young miss home. We only did what was instructed to us."

"We, on the other hand, can answer that." A familiar voice to me was heard and out appeared some of the faculty in school.

"Nami-sensei?! Nao-sensei too?!" I was so gobsmacked that I lost control over my powers. I fell down as I felt my strength leave me.

"Ki-chan!" My father was immediately by my side. He helped me stay sitting upright.

"I'm alright, papa. Just weak."

"Are you sure? No pain anywhere? Numbness? Dizziness? Can you move your limbs? Nauseous?" My father's rapid-fire questions made it impossible to answer back. I'm sure he had more questions for me considering what he just witnessed but my father put my well-being before any of that.

"I'm really fine, papa. Just a bit weak. I'm not used to it yet." 

But aside from my head swimming in fog because of the sudden ceasing of my power, I'm also confused at this sudden turn of events. I looked at Nami- and Nao-sensei. It wasn't just them though. Although I don't know the others personally but I've seen them in the school before. Why are teachers from school with these ninjas? Are they part of the Shirogane clan too? Just what is going on here?

~~0~~0~~0~~0~~0~~