Chapter 15: Stella's Birthday

Xander Stone

It's my Star's birthday today. I pull her closer, combing through her hair with my fingers. I kiss her forehead a few times trying not to wake her. Tony and I are planning to skip classes. Hell, I think the whole team is going too. Coach, Ms. K, and Rose. We are planning to go back to the Great Bowl, and just bowl for her birthday. I know how she loves it. From our last encounter we will get it for free too.

As I continue to hold her, I started peppering her face with kisses. I hear the door open and know that it's Tony, Ms. K, and Rosemary coming down to wish her a 'Happy Birthday.' I see them coming and they have a plate of blueberry pancakes with a little candle on top. They look super yummy. They gathered around the bed, while I softly and gently woke Stella up. She stirred a little but didn't wake up. I started to tickle her a little and she finally woke up to softly glare at me.

Everyone around us started singing 'Happy Birthday,' including me. Stella smiled and sat up on my lap yawning a little bit, and rubbing the tiredness out of her eyes. God, she so beautifully cute. Stella looked up at them, and smiled shyly. At the end of the song, Stella said thank you and took her tray, "Would you like it if I came up and ate with you guys?" She asked timidly, still sleepy. They all nodded a little, so I grabbed her tray while she slowly got off of my lap. She stood up and took her tray from me, and started walking to her stairs, forgetting the rest of us. Stella walked out her door, and we just look at each other, back at the door, back at each other before finally hurrying back out towards the main kitchen.

When we get to the kitchen Stella is just in her spot munching away on her food. Her mom kisses the side of her head, Rose sits down next to her on the right, Tony is across from Stella, and I'm seated to the left of her. Ms. K brings us plates of blueberry pancakes and then sits next to Tony on the right, across from me. "These are good momma, thank you!" Stella said softly. Stella reached for her orange juice and then drank some, setting it down, then making a small smile. I kiss the side of her head then gets back to finishing my food. It's currently very quiet in the kitchen with all of us eating, when its usually talkative. It's strange.

When everyone is done eating, Stella gets up and collects everyone's dishes and starts washing them, but Tony moves her out of the way and washes them. "We have all day plans sweet girl, so go get dressed into some comfortable and will keep you warm." Ms. K said, Stella nodded and left to go get ready. I told them that I had the promise ring up in my room and I ran up to my room to get dressed. I put the ring box into my pocket, and hurried back downstairs. I sit on the couch waiting for everyone to get dressed and done. Stella comes back up in one of her green long sleeve shirts, black yoga pants, her brown uggs boots, and a black and gray infinity scarf around her neck. I know she's wearing her daisy necklace because she never takes it off. She comes around and sits next to me, leaning her head against my shoulder. I grab her hand and hold it, pick it up bring it to my lips, kissing her knuckles, and lays our hand back down.

Everyone comes down, dressed and ready to go. I got both of us up, and we left the house, locking the door. We all get into Stella's RAV4. Ms. K driving, Tony in the passenger seat, Rosy in the back right, Stella in the middle, and I'm in the back left. Stella is silently singing the songs on the radio, on the way to the bowling alley.

Once we have parked, we get out, and I tell Stella to close her eyes. I pick her up bridal style, and she hides her head into my chest. Ones she secure in my chest with her eyes closed, we all walk inside. Before I set her down, Tony, Rose and Ms. K joins the crowd. I set her down, turn her toward me, making sure her eyes are shut, peck her forehead before slowly turning her towards the crowd. "On the count of 3 open her eyes baby. 1.... 2....3...." I say, Stella opens her eyes and the entire crowd yells, "SURPRISE!!" Stella jumps surprised and states laughing. I love her laugh.

The owner the 'Great Bowl' walked up to Stella and told her she could bowl free here anytime she wants, no matter how many people, and even her food is free. She hugged him as a big thank you, he took her picture to have it framed as the 'Most Important Bowler.' She smiled and went to the team after, and hugged all of them, then went to her family and hugged them. I was talking with Rosemary, when Stella went to her alley, and put her mom, Tony, Rose, uncle, and my name in. Everyone else went to the allies, including the owner, and we competed on who would bowl the highest score. Stella won, now were just playing for fun. I can't wait for the presents and cake. She is going to love everything.

God, I love my Star so much.