Memory?

Chapter 5:

Andy, who I learned was the man who was holding up James, comes up to me on the way to the pack doctor. I am confused at first, because who is helping James? I look back and I see a laughing Wen, the skipping man, helping up a very annoyed James. I hold back a laugh myself when I realize Andy dropped him to come next to me. They may be witches and warlocks, but they are quite a lot like us.
"So, Alpha huh?" He looks worried. He must want answers on how I am one.  He wants to know if his friends are safe. They are.   I responded safely. "I guess..." He looks more confused now, but there is something else in his gaze, curiosity? I guess most alphas would want to brag.  "I guess?" He asks.  I try to come up with something. I don't want them to be scared of me.  No one has ever heard of an alpha creating a new pack out of nowhere, never mind a female alpha. I was going to try to make up an excuse to get away from my story, which I don't even understand myself when I got saved by Jules. "I am very thankful for your help. But, why would you help us?" This question surprises me, even though it shouldn't.  The first thing that enters my mind are the lives lost between our species.

"Our species has a past, but I believe in second chances. Not to mention that I had no reason to hurt you. You were truthful and I want peace. I don't want to kill for a thousand-year war. Many have been lost in this war. Why not try to stop the endless circle of violence with a small act of kindness?" Everyone hears my words. I can tell because of their absolute silence and their stares at my back. -They are trying to figure us out.- Artemis says. Good luck with that, I hope they tell me their findings. Maybe I will get an answer myself.

We make it to the doctor in awkward silence. Dr. Carrie pushes everyone away and takes CeCe and James into a room. I sit down with the others and that's when the silence is broken by Wen. "So a wolf? huh."

"What do you mean?" I ask.  Andy says something in a really old language.  The language-it sounds so familiar and from his hand gestures I can guess he is cursing out Wen. 

"What language is that?  It sounds familiar."  I ask him, forgetting about my last question.

"Greek..."  He looks like he is saying more, but I can't hear anything.  All I can hear is a woman singing.  He looks worried now.  I see him rushing towards me, but I am still focusing on that voice, so I don't hear anything.  I close my eyes.

I open them.  I seem to be looking up at a beautiful woman. There is another person there, but I can't see the person completely. The one I can see is holding me. She wears white and gray, and she has the sweetest smile and voice. She sings to me in the most enchanting voice. A lullaby.

"Κοιμήσου και σαν σηκωθής κάτι θα σου χαρίσω,
την Πόλη και τη Βενετιά τη Χιό με τα καράβια,
να γίνης άντρας 'ξακουστός σ' Άνατολή και Δύση,
καβάλλα στην Άγιά Σοφιά να πας να προσκυνήσης."

My memories end and I wake up startled. I first hear yelling.

"What the fuck happened to her. I told you this was a bad idea, Jules. If anyone saw her like this they would think we did this to her. Crap." I hear a plop sound. He must sit in a chair.
"We will be fine. They won't blame us." Jules says. She does not believe her words. I can tell from the slight quiver in her voice.

The only one silent is Wen. Huh, he must not be in the room. I don't think he is the quiet type. I am about to open my eyes when my wolf speaks, -Wait....They might say someth...- She is cut off by Andy.

"What do you think she is? She is not just a wolf. I can't read her mind."

"I don't know. Her aura is stronger than anything I have ever heard of. She is good though. All of my instincts tell me so and they are rarely wrong. Plus, CeCe had a vision about her.  How else was she to know that there is a pack here?  She told us to come here.  Not even the council knew about it. And CeCe would never put us where we would be unsafe." He hesitates.

"So, what are we going to do when the wolf wakes up? Should we tell the council about her?"

"No. I think we should stay for a bit and find out more. We have to get James on board though. You know the way he is with the expectations his father gives him."

"Σύμφωνος" It is just then that I realize that... They have been speaking Greek the whole time. Holy Crap!!! I just understood Greek. I shot up from surprise apparently, because I am looking at a surprised Jules and Andy.

"What the fuck?" Jules says at the same time Andy says, "How long have you been awake? Nevermind. έτσι κι αλλιώς δεν μπορεί να με βρει εδώ."

He just said that I can't understand him.

"Hahahahahahaha" I start laughing.  I think I've gone crazy at this point.  This is impossible.

"I... understand... you... just... fine... Though... I'm...not... sure... how...." I say, somehow through my laughing fit.  Andy and Jules just looked at each other then at me, then behind me?

"What is going on here?"  I turn to see James serious -and handsome- What? -ohh come on. He is handsome.-  Professional stupid wolf.  I can practically see her roll her eyes.

"Nothing.  I only learned that I understand Greek. HOLY SHIT!"  I scream as I realize something.  "HOLY FUCK!"

"Sara, Claire, John.  GET HERE NOW!"  I scream in the mindlink. "Holy shit...." I practically whisper to myself.

"You figured part of it out, did you?" I look up to see CeCe on her feet.  I look around to find everyone staring at me.  As the door opens and my friends come in I find myself saying,

"Κόρη. It means..."
————————————————————————
Sorry I know you hate me now!!!! Clip Hanger!!! Evil laughter