Chapter 34: We're Going Where?

Start from the beginning

Normally what they were wearing would be just fine, but because of the seriousness of the conversation, the two parents felt that a minor wardrobe change would be appropriate. Once everyone had an outfit picked out, the girls left so the guys could change, and vice versa.

Kiri, Neytiri, and Marali all went into the pod and started to undress before they each pulled out the outfits that they all picked out for each other. All of their outfits were quite similar, as well as elegant, but also unique to each of the girl's personalities.

Kiri's outfit held multiple elements of plants and animals that could be found in the forest, showing how truly connected she is with nature.

Neytiri's outfit reflected that of a huntress, but also of a woman who, was mated to the Chief of the clan.

And Marali's outfit showed the many different roles she played back at home. Huntress, warrior, singer, and sometimes teacher. She was a young girl of many different talents.

As the three stepped out of the Mauri pod, Jake smiled at his wife, Lo'ak had a bored look on his face, and Neteyam looked speechless. Marali walked over to the boy with a teasing smile on her face, "You like what you see?" She asked, and Neteyam gulped.

"Yes," He stuttered, causing Marali to laugh.

For the next couple of minutes, both Neteyam and Jake took the time to tell their respective mate and girlfriend how beautiful they looked. Jake was acting as if he was a teenager again, and Neteyam could barely get a word out with flushing when something he said didn't sound right.

"I think I liked it better when they pretended to hate each other. What do you think, Kiri?" Lo'ak asked as he smirked at his older sister.

Kiri smiled at Lo'ak, "Yeah, at least I didn't feel like I was going to get sick every five minutes from the nonstop flirting," The teen teased, and Marali and Neteyam stared at the two siblings.

"Hey, at least I'm not the reason we have to have dinner with the Chief tonight," Marali defended as Lo'ak shot her a glare.

"This is your fault!" He accused.

"How's it my fault?" Marali asked, feigning innocence.

"Because you constantly teased me about my relationship with Reya!" Lo'ak said.

"You did the same thing with me, and Neteyam," She retorted, and Lo'ak let out a huff.

"So?" He questioned.

"So, karma's a bitch, Lolo," Marali said, and everyone chuckled at the petty argument between the two.

"Yeah, but we wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't for you," The boy grumbled.

"Please, Lo'ak. Every time you looked at Tsireya, you had heart eyes. It was only a matter of time before one of the parents figured it out," Kiri stated, and Marali smirked.

"No, they wouldn't have," Lo'ak said.

"I knew you liked Tsireya as soon as we came here," Neytiri said as she turned on her heel and walked away. Jake quickly followed after her, and the teens soon followed after the mother.

It wasn't a long walk to the Chief's Mauri pod, but once the group of Omatikayan's stepped into the room, the tension could be felt. It wasn't necessarily an uncomfortable tension, more of an awkward tension for the words that were about to be spoken.

As soon as the Chief and Tsahik noticed the Sully family standing on the edge of the pod, they quickly urged them into the pod to take a seat. "Please, come in," Ronal encouraged as she showed them where they could sit.