16. What We Can Do

U.A. Faculty Room

Present Mic: "So... Aizawa's got 1-A taking a Quirk Apprehension Test, and he's gonna kick out whoever's in last place? That's harsh."

Cementoss: "It would seem so. As usual, he doesn't go about these matters the way the rest of us would."

Thirteen: "Well, there's not much any of us can do about his teaching methods. But this isn't really out of the norm, so what exactly did you want to talk to us about?"

Nezu: "I only wished to remind all of you about (Y/n) (L/n). Simply put, he is a special case. Like Aizawa, we must take extra care when dealing with him specifically."

*phone ringing*

Nezu: "Oh! Pardon me."

Cementoss: "... From what we've seen (L/n) is beyond capable. But being a vigilante who's evaded every Pro he's encountered, including Eraserhead and myself, means he'll likely be that much harder to work with. We must be cautious."

Present Mic: "Aizawa did say the kid was a handful the first time he tried to catch him. Hey! I bet that rockstar's gonna get first place in that Quirk test they're all doing!"

Thirteen: "You mean if he doesn't destroy the training area?"

Nezu: *hangs up phone* "Actually... Midnight seems to think (Y/n) will be the one Aizawa expels."

The faculty members looked at a perplexed Nezu for a second before they could process exactly what he said.

Present Mic: "... What?!"

Cementoss: "That can't be right. What's going on out there?"

Thirteen: "We should go see for ourselves. Is she watching him right now?"

Nezu: "She is. And she just informed me that (Y/n) is deliberately trying to fail."

Heroes: "What?!"

Present Mic: "But... why the heck would he do that?!"

Nezu: "This is... unexpected, but I did say he was a special case. Me and Midnight will go and see what the apparent commotion is about."

Within a different area of the school, a curvaceous, blue-eyed woman with spiky, dark-purple hair wearing a suggestive uniform hung up her phone disapprovingly. She looked out the school window to the training area, watching as the tense atmosphere below thickened.

U.A. Courtyard

Aizawa: "You're done here, Grey. Collect your belongings and leave. At least now we can keep the class at twenty even."

(Y/n):

Izuku: "Wait! You can't expel him!!"

Aizawa: "He doesn't belong here, Midoriya. That's his problem."