13. Kickstart The Line

Outside of Battle Center B, Izuku Midoriya was pulling himself together when he saw the nice girl who helped him earlier. He went to go and talk to her, but then he started getting berated by the kid in glasses.

Meanwhile at Battle Center G, (Y/n) was waiting for a countdown, and wondered how the test would go for him and his friend.

(Y/n): *clenches fist* "Will our new powers be enough... for the school system?"

...

*whisper* "... Hey."

"Yeah?"

"Isn't that the kid who took on the two Mutant villains ten months ago?"

"... Whoa... that's definitely him."

"I told you it was him, guys!"

"Grey? He's a kid? And he's taking the exam with us?"

*gasps* "So cool! A real vigilante!"

Applicants noticed the male, and soon enough a series of random and excited whispers overlapped, and were loud enough for anyone to hear. Which begged the question...

(Y/n): 'Grey?'

"C'mon, that's not him. How are you guys sure?"

"No! Don't talk to him!"

"It can't be anyone else! Ever since his face showed up online, a bunch of villains have been being captured without any Pro Heroes taking credit. And a bunch of people have already seen him out there!"

(Y/n): 'I don't think I did that much...'

"I was there when he tackled that one insane beetle villain through a garbage truck!"

"My grandpa was interviewed after he saw him take down that gang with the magnetizing Quirks."

"I'm surprised none of the Pros are coming down here to arrest him. They probably don't see him in this crowd."

"They never caught him like they would any other vigilante, did they?"

"No, but maybe they aren't serious about him. They'd be doing more if he was actually causing problems, but nobody's said anything bad about him. Not like a killer or anything..."

"Maybe they're recruiting him then. They might know what his Quirk is and brought him here on purpose."

"Speaking of, did anyone ever find out what his Quirk actually was?"

Present Mic: "Right, let's start!"

All of the kids looked to the top of a white tower, hearing Present Mic tell them the 10 minute test began.

Present Mic: "Get moving! There are no countdowns in real battles!